Where to get catheters

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

xenon

Where to get catheters

Post by xenon »

I tried this back in 2008 or something and didn't have any issues getting supplies back then. But I checked out my previous sources and hours online searching and everyone is now requiring some kind of license or form filled out by a doctor for needles and saline in the US. All the posts here about sources are dead links. Has anyone bought any IV Catheters and or saline in 2016?
bige13

Re: Where to get catheters

Post by bige13 »

flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Atlanticmed for Caths. Mountainside for Admin sets and fluids. Mountainside is about half the price for those two as Atlantic.
xenon

Post by xenon »

Thanks for the replies. I guess I have to pay more to get it from one place. Sure is a lot more than the last time I bought supplies. I notice that Alantic Medical Supplies says that I am supposed to check with state law before purchasing. Yet I can't find that info in my searching. Anyone purchased from them before? Hopefully they just reject my order if they can't ship it to me.
xenon

Post by xenon »

Has anyone purchased needles/cannula/catheters from Atlantic Medical recently? Or any place that doesn't ask for legal stuff?
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Uhm, yeah. Why? No issues.
xenon

Post by xenon »

Thanks for the reply. I ask because Atlantic Medical has a page about how the buyer is supposed to have the required paperwork/scripts for their state requirements. So I was just wondering if anyone purchased recently and if there were asked to supply any scripts, etc.
xenon

Post by xenon »

well, now I see how long it takes them to ship.
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Usually, if they need a script on file, they will E-Mail you. Atlantic and Mountanside Med are they only two I know of who put the requirement on you. Mountainside has even shipped me 2% Lidocaine Jelly which should also require a script. Says right on the tube RX Only. I do avoid problems with items that say they need a RX on file. Recently Mountainside started doing that for Caths. Don't know why, but they do. Atlantic doesn't. I also don;t like that Atlantic does not provide shipping details. Moutainside does. Mountainside is also Veteran owned. They'd get all my business if caths didn't have a RX warning on their page. Probably to keep then heroin epidemic in check. Like that's working...
xenon

Post by xenon »

K, so that is likely why I haven't heard anything from Atlantic then. I am still nervous though. The payment has cleared my bank on Monday and I was expecting an email for shipping yesterday or today. But nothing. And then the email they show on the website for shipping came back undeliverable. Guess I keep waiting. If they shipped it out yesterday or today, I should have it next Mon-Tues. It wasn't nearly this hard to get supplies in 2009. I don't understand needing scripts for catheters and saline. And some even require it for tubing. Why not focus on the drugs instead if this is about controlling substance abuse? I don't get it.
xenon

Post by xenon »

Actually, got a reply to my email. Turns out there was a planned maintenance in the shipping department. They plan to have all orders of last week shipped out this week. And that they will email me when it has shipped. So all good for now.
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

I ordered a box of Caths on Monday. UPS says they'll be here tomorrow.

When I order from Mountainside, I get it in two days. And I typically order a case of Dex at a time.
xenon

Post by xenon »

flexibag wrote:I ordered a box of Caths on Monday. UPS says they'll be here tomorrow.

When I order from Mountainside, I get it in two days. And I typically order a case of Dex at a time.
Seriously? They actually shipped out Monday's orders before last weeks' orders? That is messed up.
xenon

Post by xenon »

well, suppose to get it Wed. Still, would have been nice if they did the backlog of orders first. Oh well. Just my luck that my first time using them and it's delayed. Shipping is pretty expensive.
xenon

Post by xenon »

well finally got the shipment and all went well other than the delay. thanks for the info everyone.