sterile water for injection

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

lonepmpr

sterile water for injection

Post by lonepmpr »

Anyone follow up dextrose with liter of injectable medical water instead of saline
Goal to go bigger than 30"
msmSaline

Re: sterile water for injection

Post by msmSaline »

you should use 0.9% saline. it's much closer to the pH level of your body. If i am wrong, someple please feel free to correct me. im an artist, not a medical professional
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
Metal_Micky

Post by Metal_Micky »

Wouldn't that be reabsorbed slower than saline but faster than dextrose???
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

DO NOT inject sterile water for infusion. Injected solutions need to be isotonic with body tissues, otherwise they will osmotically pull salts out of your nearby tissues. This could sincerely mess your tissues up.

"Normal saline" (NS) is called that because it is osmotically balanced with your body tissues: 154 mMol/liter. Sterile water is 0 mMol/liter.

There are solutions of glucose that are osmotically balanced; these do not cause swelling. A solution of NS + glucose has a higher osmolarity due to the added glucose. That is what causes the solution to pull water from your body tissues and your bloodstream. It will do so until the solution is diluted down to be osmotically balanced, or until it gets absorbed by the body.

Finally my university Bio Sci courses can come in handy.