I want to infusectonight and all I have is lactated ringers please help
samsung

Re: Is lactated ringers safe for breast infusion please help

Post by samsung »

Yes, you can use it without problems.
pumpinit

Post by pumpinit »

spicoli42 wrote:Is it safe to use lactated ringers for a breast infusion please help
No! You're pancreas does not need that load. Wanna become a Diabetic?
kiwibop

Post by kiwibop »

With as much respect as I can muster pumpinit, you don't have a fuckin' clue what you're talking about. There is no glucose in lactated Ringers to have any impact on the pancreas' ability to manage blood sugar levels. Even the 2L of 5% dex that you were going on about in Mindgame25's post contains less dextrose than 3 cans of coke!
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Your pancreas doesn't see all the dextrose at once either. You actually place more of a sugar load on your body with a can of regular coke and a piece of birthday cake. When the dextrose is in between tissue, it must be absorbed into the blood stream. As we know, since the enlarged area (balls or breasts) 'hang' (pun intended) around for a while. That while is the period of time the dextrose and other fluids - both the water in the IV solution and any accumulated bodily fluids are absorbed into your body. As long as you don't start hanging out at 10 year old kids birthday parties eating cake and drinking coke, you'll be fine.

If I can inflate 7 liters of 5% dex in 36 hours and not see any issue, most people without medical problems should be fine.

Just one caution. The lactose in lactated ringers solution MAY cause some muscle pains. Lactic acid buildup in muscles is what causes us to ache after unusual or strenuous exercise. If you do get muscle pains using Lactated fluids, normal muscle pain reliever should help.
spicoli42

Post by spicoli42 »

My next question is the lactated ringers I have are from 2013 and are still in their original sterile package is this still safe?
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Would you eat food from 2013? Would you eat food that expired 2 (or more) years ago?

Same thing. You are putting it in your body. Same as food.

If it were me, I would not!

Just so you know Lactose = Milk. Lactose is milk sugar.
Marcus20

Post by Marcus20 »

Aka if you're lactose intolerant (such as myself) then there'll be plenty more issues. How would that even work out since it is so concentrated, if you get what I mean? Also keep in mind that it has amounts of calcium and potassium as well as other things. Like it has been previously mentioned, if it is that old I wouldn't chance it. One year is my utmost top limit.

To anyone else on the thread who has experience or enough complete knowledge on LRS - does it "burn" like 0.9% saline does?
kiwibop

Post by kiwibop »

FFS can't anybody here use Google? Lactated Ringers contains no lactose; it contains lactate which is the conjugate base of lactic acid with the formula CH3CH(OH)CO2H. it contains the following per litre:
130 mEq of sodium ion = 130 mmol/L
109 mEq of chloride ion = 109 mmol/L
28 mEq of lactate = 28 mmol/L
4 mEq of potassium ion = 4 mmol/L
3 mEq of calcium ion = 1.5 mmol/L

It contains no sugars of any sort: i.e. there is NO dextrose load on the pancreas, and NO lactose for the lactose intolerant!!! it is essentially the same a normal saline with some calcium and potassium and different levels of sodium. Used in medicine as a fluid replacement in the case of blood loss, but not suitable for longer term use due to the Na and K levels.
spicoli42

Post by spicoli42 »

I just
Ordered more saline gonna throw my lactated ringers away I feel it is too ol .