Purchasing 10% Dextrose

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

msmSaline

Purchasing 10% Dextrose

Post by msmSaline »

My usual sources, Atlantic Med Supply and Mountainside Medical do not seem to be selling 10% dextrose solutions, nor do they have a spot in the store saying it's sold out. Anyone get 10% somewhere?
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
TheQ999

Re: Purchasing 10% Dextrose

Post by TheQ999 »

Would love to know this, too...If anyone knows a US supplier that will sell 10% without a RX license.
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Haven't seen 10% in two years. Called Atlantic about it and they haven't seen it either. Seems to have gone the way of the unicorn...
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

Ok thanks. That's so lame!
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

lytgreen

Post by lytgreen »

One way around it is to fortify regular 5% dex with 50% dex by injecting the 50% into the injection port in the administration set. 2 50ml bottles of 50% mixed with 1 liter of 5% equals roughly 10%. I have done this many times with good results. I have even fortified 10% with 1 50ml bottle of 50% when I want something stronger, around 15%. Obviously you need to super hydrated and know your glycemic status. I have also mixed the 50% into a liter of D5LR which stung a little but was super-smooth systemically. I just love the rough swell, not knowing when its going to stop.
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

lytgreen wrote:One way around it is to fortify regular 5% dex with 50% dex by injecting the 50% into the injection port in the administration set. 2 50ml bottles of 50% mixed with 1 liter of 5% equals roughly 10%. I have done this many times with good results. I have even fortified 10% with 1 50ml bottle of 50% when I want something stronger, around 15%. Obviously you need to super hydrated and know your glycemic status. I have also mixed the 50% into a liter of D5LR which stung a little but was super-smooth systemically. I just love the rough swell, not knowing when its going to stop.

as far as i know, 50% dex needs prescription / medical license required everywhere i have seen. where have you seen that? there is veterinary 20% dex on Amazon.

i probably wont ever touch higher than ten, and yes thank you, i am very healthy. you know, besides my seedy dark needs :)