Need advice

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

RicanMan2001

Need advice

Post by RicanMan2001 »

I'm planning my first saline inflation and I would like to receive advice about the things that I need to buy for my first infusions. This is le list of things that I have already selected but I haven't place the order yet:

One injection site IV set (4 units); IV catheter size 18x1/4 (6 units); 0.9% Sodium chlorine 250ml (2 units); 5% Dextrose Injection 500ml (2 units). Obviously I am planning to have supplies for more than one session. Am I missing something ? Any advice or recommendation? Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. RM
Moderate pumping to get the best results. Sometime going to extreme pumping to my own enjoyment and to impress my friends :)
BallsBeDanglin

Re: Need advice

Post by BallsBeDanglin »

Have you read this guide: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43604&hilit=guide I didn't have this when I started, but I wish I did.

A few thoughts on your supplies:
-I assume you mean 18g x 1.25, right?
-You didn't mention sterilization tools and equipment. I think the ideal is to use alcohol, then iodine and wear gloves. (I only go with alcohol...and I'm not shy about it.)
-What about sealing? My method is to pinch on either side of the catheter as I withdraw it (you don't have to pinch hard, otherwise the friction is uncomfortable as you pull out), maintain the pinch for about 5 minutes, then apply a small amount of superglue directly on top of the puncture wound. (Try to avoid getting glue deep INTO the hole, just on top should be OK.) Continue to pinch for another minute as it dries, then release and monitor. You many need to repeat.

Given that it's been almost a week since you posted, did you already infuse? How did it go?
RicanMan2001

Post by RicanMan2001 »

BallsBeDanglin wrote:Have you read this guide: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43604&hilit=guide I didn't have this when I started, but I wish I did.

A few thoughts on your supplies:
-I assume you mean 18g x 1.25, right?
-You didn't mention sterilization tools and equipment. I think the ideal is to use alcohol, then iodine and wear gloves. (I only go with alcohol...and I'm not shy about it.)
-What about sealing? My method is to pinch on either side of the catheter as I withdraw it (you don't have to pinch hard, otherwise the friction is uncomfortable as you pull out), maintain the pinch for about 5 minutes, then apply a small amount of superglue directly on top of the puncture wound. (Try to avoid getting glue deep INTO the hole, just on top should be OK.) Continue to pinch for another minute as it dries, then release and monitor. You many need to repeat.

Given that it's been almost a week since you posted, did you already infuse? How did it go?
Thank you very much BallsBeDanglin! Your advice is very helpful. You are right about the measures. Regarding the sterilization, I am very aware of it importance, I did not mention them but thinking about the same things that you are suggesting, even more I will get antibiotics just as a precaution. I have not done yet the infusion because after reading all the warnings in this site, I feel that is too risky for me, especially because I have a high blood pressure. It is under control with medication and is not too high. I'm just trying to play safe
Moderate pumping to get the best results. Sometime going to extreme pumping to my own enjoyment and to impress my friends :)
GinLover

Post by GinLover »

Please dont use self medication.
You may get a bug which is tolerant to the antibiotics you got, or it will get tolerant if used wrong, or you wont get rid of the infection for sure because wrong use of antibiotics.
Alwas go to the doc if you suspect an infection. He will know what to do, and how to do it RIGHT.
I LOOOVE PUMPING, but I just cant get that seal over to Europe, without paying for shipping as much as for the seal itself . So I am limited with time of my pumping session (And so are results)

http://www.xtube.com/community/profile. ... r=GinLover