Questions regarding injection

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Marcus20

Questions regarding injection

Post by Marcus20 »

Ok so I have infused twice now, and I need some opinions on the upcoming questions. I've infused 500ml saline both times, but I was going to finish off a bag of 500ml then immediately proceed to 1000ml 5% dex since I think I can handle more.

Why is it that after the initial 100ml of dextrose, the end cap thing from the catheter just popped out? I was using 18 ga, and the second it came out...I bled, a lot. I finally got the bleeding to stop after applying pressure for about 15 minutes. Made sure to keep pouring alcohol on every now and then. Also, is it possible I might've nicked a vein? I checked to see if I saw blood upon initial injection, but nothing. I was leaking the whole day as well, I'm not sure if I want to trust using glue.

Is it normal for my skin to feel like it is 1/4" thick? I can handle my skin because it is so thick and not infused a whole lot.

Do you guys feel an excruciating sharp pain in your testicles when you start the injection? I get terrified and try to play it cool, but I'm not sure if its a psychological thing or not.

The first time I did this, I could feel a popping sensation towards the bottom of my scrotum. I'm assuming that's because it was my first time?

Finally, is it a good idea to use antibacterial soap, rinse, alcohol, antibacterial soap, rinse, alcohol, and use the soap one final time when taking a shower?

Its extremely late here so if anyone needs clarification, I can edit this without a problem. Although it'd be nice if someone could clarify dextrose for me, it sounds very dangerous. I know you need to consume water, but what about keeping a diet prior to infusing this?
BallsBeDanglin

Re: Questions regarding injection

Post by BallsBeDanglin »

I'm not the most experienced here, but I'll give my input. Also, I've only done saline and have yet to do dextrose, but I think most of your questions are in that scope.
Why is it that after the initial 100ml of dextrose, the end cap thing from the catheter just popped out?
Um, what 'end cap thing'? As in, the needle-like part broke off from the base?
I was using 18 ga, and the second it came out...I bled, a lot. I finally got the bleeding to stop after applying pressure for about 15 minutes. Made sure to keep pouring alcohol on every now and then. Also, is it possible I might've nicked a vein? I checked to see if I saw blood upon initial injection, but nothing.
I am not a doctor. I have never bled "a lot". Some blood mixed with saline, yes. But never deep red or bright red blood. My guess is that you hit a minor blood vessel (capillary) but not a vein or artery. Just be careful to look for veins/arteries before you poke next time.
I was leaking the whole day as well, I'm not sure if I want to trust using glue.
I have found that well placed super glue is the only way I close up. Just pinch on either side (should stop the leaking) and apply lightly to the injection site. You're not putting glue INTO the hole, just over the top.
Is it normal for my skin to feel like it is 1/4" thick? I can handle my skin because it is so thick and not infused a whole lot.
My scrotum skin feels thicker than normal when I infuse, I think because it absorbs the saline too.
Do you guys feel an excruciating sharp pain in your testicles when you start the injection? I get terrified and try to play it cool, but I'm not sure if its a psychological thing or not.
I feel it in my scrotum, but not in my testicles. The difference is subtle, but important here. Most guys on here are aiming to inflate their scrotum and specifically avoid inserting the needle into a testicle. I think I recall a pain that starts as sharp and then fades to dull as the fluid first goes in and starts to stretch. I powered through it. I think warming the fluid and using lotion on the scrotum (away from the injection site) helps.
The first time I did this, I could feel a popping sensation towards the bottom of my scrotum. I'm assuming that's because it was my first time?
Whoa...what?! That's not something I've experienced.
Finally, is it a good idea to use antibacterial soap, rinse, alcohol, antibacterial soap, rinse, alcohol, and use the soap one final time when taking a shower?
I have never used alcohol in the shower. (Shower beers aside...) I think a couple of antibacterial soap scrubs is good, then alcohol wipe just before the injection. Some folks use iodine, but I only did that once or twice when I was starting.

Be safe, have fun!