How do I place a cannula?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

dogodogo

How do I place a cannula?

Post by dogodogo »

so my question is: how do I place a cannula? I didn't realize that the cannula could detach and leave a plastic catheter.

This is my first time infusing.
I'm a long, long time lurker, and I finally decided to try inflating my chest. (I'm a guy)
I did a good amount of research to learn how to safely infuse, I mainly used this forum and msmSaline's guide,
and I googled how to prep the line and bag. It helped watching YouTube as well.
I ordered supplies from praxisdienst.I bought this cannula :http://www.praxisdienst.com/index.php?l ... cledetails
when I had cleaned myself and the area I was going to sit, I prepped the saline and tubing.
I found a comfortable way to sit, prepped the needle and started the infusion.
The infusion went great! An amazing feeling,
I had no pain or discomfort only some pressure in the skin during the inflation.
I ended up whit a smal c-cup - c-cup after about 400ml.
I stopped the flow and started taking out the needle... and the plastic catheter was left behind in the skin.
Some saline came out of it, and I had ready sterile wipes and pulled out the catheter and plastered up the injection hole.
The other side I knew to pull on the entire cannual, so it went smoother.
Now I couldn't help worrying if I did something wrong, obviously I did.
my apologies for bad grammar.

To recap: infusing no pain and amazing, still no pain by the way. how do I place a cannula and pull out the needle and not get air in the catheter?
The info I find are fore IV not subdermal.
Thanks
ole.saline

Re: How do I place a cannula?

Post by ole.saline »

Dont use a catheter, only a needle. Cath makes a big Hole and hurts. no need or u are a Masochist
ole. saline