Supply Source

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

flexibag

Supply Source

Post by flexibag »

Has anyone purchased from this site/vendor?

http://www.dmesupplygroup.com/51032800.html

Price is not bad (better than Atlantic) and it shows 5% and 10% Dex in Stock.
cjfatnite

Re: Supply Source

Post by cjfatnite »

I think they require a prescription/medical license. Feel free to try and report back.
-CJ
kuddlkat

Post by kuddlkat »

I've been searching and searching, and the only place I've managed to locate anything is:
http://www.sedationkit.com/IV_Supplies- ... tions.html

However, by "anything" I mean only 500mL bags of saline were in stock.
kuddlkat

Post by kuddlkat »

I went through the process of purchasing 2 1L bags of dextrose from that DME Supply and they wanted $77 for ground shipping to eat coast USA. So... that's not gonna happen.
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

kuddlkat wrote:I went through the process of purchasing 2 1L bags of dextrose from that DME Supply and they wanted $77 for ground shipping to eat coast USA. So... that's not gonna happen.
If you buy whole cases from them the shipping isn't as bad. If you buy single bags they have them drop shipped from a separate supplier and charge an assload of money...If you tried to buy a case of it you would probably only be paying 20-35$ for shipping. Still a lot, but cases weigh a lot, too.
kuddlkat

Post by kuddlkat »

I very rarely do saline, so I would likely want to resell at least 8 out of 12 in the case. I'm sure there's demand on here, but I'm a little uncertain about the legalese of reselling "medical" supplies. (Not that I'm paranoid of the government... *looks around nervously and tucks the tin foil under my hat*)
mrcando181082

Post by mrcando181082 »

I placed a large order last Thursday with dme medical supply. The site did not require a Dr. approved form... HOWEVER today I received a call and was informed that 10% Dex is a controlled substance sooo they will not fill my order.. WTF???
kuddlkat

Post by kuddlkat »

Controlled substance... uh... yeah. I gotta wonder how they figure that.
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

mrcando181082 wrote:I placed a large order last Thursday with dme medical supply. The site did not require a Dr. approved form... HOWEVER today I received a call and was informed that 10% Dex is a controlled substance sooo they will not fill my order.. WTF???
DME did the same thing to me a couple of times. Back in September I was able to purchase from them but I just tried 2 months ago and couldn't get anything with an RX License or a Prescription. I sent them an e-mail asking why this changed and they stated that their company moved and they have to follow the laws of the state that their in when shipping things out, and they moved to a state that has stricter rules, apparently.

I might be looking in the wrong places, but I can't seem to find a sort of "list" of states and what products they are allowed or not allowed to ship out.
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Yup. I did end up getting the same results. They need an RX for 5 and 10% Dextrose. Beats me what's so special about sterile water and dextrose. Heck, you can buy Dextrose in the store.

So, beside Atlantic Med, where can you get 5 or 10% Dextrose by the case without an RX and is in stock. Atlantic hasn't had stock for about 4 months now.
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

flexibag wrote:Yup. I did end up getting the same results. They need an RX for 5 and 10% Dextrose. Beats me what's so special about sterile water and dextrose. Heck, you can buy Dextrose in the store.

So, beside Atlantic Med, where can you get 5 or 10% Dextrose by the case without an RX and is in stock. Atlantic hasn't had stock for about 4 months now.
Not sure, other than the sites like Atlantic Medical Supply, nobody on this site has given out their source that they buy from. I guess I'm not surprised they probably don't want to run out, either :lol:
cjfatnite

Post by cjfatnite »

I was going to share my source after getting my order confirmation, but they ran out shortly there after so figured there was no point.
-CJ
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Actually there might be. I can check when they have it and then order. Right now every time I try I get RX required or no stock. I came close with healthpx.com, but in the end they wanted $120 to deliver. Their price was good, but they are all of 60 miles from where I live and wanted 120 bucks! I was willing to go and pick it up, but they said no.
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

flexibag wrote:Actually there might be. I can check when they have it and then order. Right now every time I try I get RX required or no stock. I came close with healthpx.com, but in the end they wanted $120 to deliver. Their price was good, but they are all of 60 miles from where I live and wanted 120 bucks! I was willing to go and pick it up, but they said no.
healthpx.com was one of the companies that will take your money, but ask for an Rx license afterwards.
ellery888

Post by ellery888 »

thanks to this thread, cheers, ellery