US website for Dextrose

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

TheQ999

US website for Dextrose

Post by TheQ999 »

Hey gang...I was just wondering if there was a website out there that someone in the US can buy dextrose from without an RX License or prescription? I don't care if they are in stock or not, I'm just curious where/how people from the US are getting their dextrose supply :)

Thanks!
mrcando181082

Re: US website for Dextrose

Post by mrcando181082 »

Hey,I was able to get all strengths of Dex form Atlantic Medical supply. HOWEVER,they have been out for months. I found a web site http://www.pocketnurse.com that appears to have a current supply but have not attempted to order. GOOD LUCK!! this supply shorage sucks.. I can not believe we now need a prescription to purchase saline and dex when pot is legal in soo many states,including mine!!
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

mrcando181082 wrote:Hey,I was able to get all strengths of Dex form Atlantic Medical supply. HOWEVER,they have been out for months. I found a web site http://www.pocketnurse.com that appears to have a current supply but have not attempted to order. GOOD LUCK!! this supply shorage sucks.. I can not believe we now need a prescription to purchase saline and dex when pot is legal in soo many states,including mine!!
Thanks for the help, and response! I just ordered from 3 different sites last night that don't say they require an RX. I got denied from one this morning, and I'm waiting on the other 2 to see if either one declines or not. I'll try out this site you mentioned and report back what happens.
Original_Syba

Post by Original_Syba »

Well crap. Pocketnurse says it is out of supply too.
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

Not to mention you need a prescription or a license to even make an account to order. No word on the 2 sites that I'm still waiting on...No denial on it but also no tracking number yet.
mrcando181082

Post by mrcando181082 »

I found a site in Canada. I called them BUT they don't ship to the U.S.>>>>I would like to find ANYONE in Canada that would be willing to accept the order and re-ship to us here in the States. I am more than willing to pay a fair compensation for their troubles.. I posted a few weeks ago with this proposal but NO takers.. Please keep us all posted if either of the other two sites are able to fill your order. THANKS! Sooner or later we WILL find a supplier!!!
justabitbigger

Post by justabitbigger »

Just for an update. All saline / dextrose fluids 500ml / 1000ml are still on a nationwide shortage. The current flu season isn't helping.
mRuss

Post by mRuss »

What's the Canadian site? I don't plan on infusing for a while but I would like to order some supplies for when the opportunity comes around
mrcando181082

Post by mrcando181082 »

mRuss, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!! I have had a super busy weekend. The web address for the supplier in Canada is: Vereburn.com I calld and they were very helpful BUT the cannot ship to the US.. You should have no problems getting product. Good Luck !! Keep 'em HUGE!!!
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

Well I found another 4 US sites but they all fell through, required a prescription and/or medical license...I'm getting a little tired of searching around for a place that will ship to the US but maybe I'll pick it up again sometime soon. I know AtlanticMedical will, but they've been out of Dextrose forever now and I'm also not going to pay $200 for a case, that's just silly.
justabitbigger

Post by justabitbigger »

Thanks for doing some digging.
TheDongShow

Post by TheDongShow »

text
Last edited by TheDongShow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheQ999

Post by TheQ999 »

TheDongShow wrote:Is there an import ban on saline or certain saline products? I just read an article from Apr 2014 that mentioned the Baxter plant in Canada can't import into US.

I can contact the Canadian supplier I have an account with to see if they'd ship from my account to your location. I get a case of 12 1000ml for around $35 Canadian (that includes tax) when I pickup at the storefront. I have never purchased dextrose, but I can get quotes for that as well.
I haven't looked into any import bans so I don't know personally. If you wouldn't mind trying to contact them and seeing if that's possible that would be extremely helpful of you! If that doesn't work out, would you be comfortable receiving+shipping them yourself to me? I have a UPS account number and I can just e-mail you a prepaid label to print out and stick on the package. Dextrose or Saline works, btw.
mrcando181082

Post by mrcando181082 »

Good Morning,Dong Show. I would be very interested in having a "drop ship" from your Canadian supplier for Dextrose 10% and also the 5%-0.9 sodium chloride mix.. I will purchase by the case at the 1000ml bag size if at all possible. I would be happy to compensate you for you time.. Thanks!!!
TheDongShow

Post by TheDongShow »

text
Last edited by TheDongShow on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.