Scrotal inflation after vasectomy

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Inflator

Scrotal inflation after vasectomy

Post by Inflator »

hey guys,

Has anyone heard about scrotal inflation post vasectomy? I'm wondering if the inflation would somehow increase the chance of pregnancy.

Inflator
flexibag

Re: Scrotal inflation after vasectomy

Post by flexibag »

I suggest you get to know your anatomy a bit more. When the Doctor performs the Vasectomy, he removes a piece of the duct that carries your sperm from your testes to your seminal vesicle. Cut the hose - no more sperm.

I have not worried one second that sac filling or sac stretching would in any way influence my Vasectomy (Latin for removal of the Vas Deferens). And if time is a measure, no one has gotten pregnant in 20 years of stretching post snip. By me at least :)
Inflator

Post by Inflator »

I'm well aware of the anatomy in question. My question is legit, no need for snootyness...

One of the issues that can lead to continued fertility after a vasectomy is the vas deferens reconnecting on their own. One end is usually buried in soft tissue to help prevent this. Hence, my question about saline inflation affecting vasectomy. The docs only remove about 1 cm if the tube so it seems reconnection is possible.

But it's good to know you haven't had any issues. :-)
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

I apologize. I am not know to be politically correct. And am usually direct and to the point. Nothing intended. I just don't call a duck a quacking waterfowl! :)

Having no idea of your background I take a question at face value. Since in writing there is no vocal queues to understand and to place context on a dialog.

While there have been occasions where the Vas has grown back and reattached end to end, it is very rare. It also depends on the technique of the surgeon. With some surgeons doubling back the Vas and suturing it together creating a pinch in the Vas making reattachment virtually impossible. While only 1 cm has been removed, there is a 2 to 3 cm or greater gap between ends.

Again, I have has no related issues and have been stretching my scrotum for better than 20 years and filling it with saline or dextrose for the last several.

Good luck