Legitimate reasons to purchase saline IV bags?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

cd.bianca

Legitimate reasons to purchase saline IV bags?

Post by cd.bianca »

Just curious what people might come up with for legitimate reasons for a non-medical professional might come up with if asked?
docwatson

Re: Legitimate reasons to purchase saline IV bags?

Post by docwatson »

Scrotal infusion
rohumpy

Post by rohumpy »

If you have the money, there is usually no question. I would think that it is pretty obvious what the non medical saline is for.
justabitbigger

Post by justabitbigger »

The the seller requires a prescription or medical license, they most likely won't sell without those for any reason.

The only other legitimate reason I can think of is as a prop for film or TV production. Those medical shows have to get that stuff from somewhere.
flexibag

Post by flexibag »

Yes, but movie production usually have a staff doctor. Better answer is "Prop for a High School Play" But they may wonder why you are buying a case...
dressupfriend20

Post by dressupfriend20 »

You could say that you want to stock your emergency first aid kits at home and in the car. When I worked with some small surgery centers they knew I had a military background and that I do a little "prepping" so it was no big deal. now that I don't work around medical though, i'm like everyone else looking for a place I can buy from without a RX.
rohumpy

Post by rohumpy »

There are sources that do not ask for a prescription. If you have the ability to pay, there are no questions asked.
puffster27

Post by puffster27 »

I live in Belgium and saline bags are available without prescription in all pharmacies.
I usually tell them i'm looking after an aunt or something who recently got out of the hospital.
Downside is that i can't use the same pharmacy too often, but we have tons of them over here.
There are so many of them, people can't start a new one.
You can only buy an existing pharmacy from people who retire of want to sell their business.