Is this the right kind?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

bbb2.5

Is this the right kind?

Post by bbb2.5 »

Wanting to try an infusion with Dextrose5%.... is this kind okay to use ? /www.sedationkit.com/product.cgi?group=8 ... duct=10880
B8rBear

Re: Is this the right kind?

Post by B8rBear »

Yup ... IV grade solution. Perfect. If you really wanna get big ... see if you can order D5NS (5% dextrose in 0.9% saline). You will inflate even bigger.
justabitbigger

Post by justabitbigger »

B8rBear wrote:Yup ... IV grade solution. Perfect. If you really wanna get big ... see if you can order D5NS (5% dextrose in 0.9% saline). You will inflate even bigger.
Can you explain what the difference in expansion size is between D5NS and D5W?

Much appreciated!
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

I can't give you an exact measurement of the size difference created by either D5% and D5NS but, I can say the chemically, D5NS will draw more of your own fluid into your sac than D5% (which is in water, as opposed to saline). It has to do with having both dextrose as a "magnet" and increasing the osmolality (another "magnet") for fluid. (Thus the importance of being well hydrated, drinking a lot of water, while infusing these fluids. I actually became light headed once, which was a sign of low blood pressure/low volume, when infusing D5NS because I didn't drink enough water.) The osmolality of D5NS is around 540. The osmo of D5W is around 290. Your body's osmo lives in the 280-305 range. By increasing the osmo in the scrotal tissues, your body reacts by sending more fluid there to dilute the osmo down to a normal level. Make sense? Dextrose on it's own acts as a "magnet" but, by mixing dextrose in saline, the osmo is greatly increased causing more swelling.

Now with all that medical information, you need to know if you have any contraindications for using either of these fluids ... some of these contraindications include (but, not limited to), diabetes, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, some respiratory ailments, renal (kidney) failure or insufficiency, and a handful of other less common medical conditions. I am NOT a doctor and you CAN NOT use this information as your medical advice to determine your safety in utilizing any of these fluids for scrotal inflation. I offer this information to help you realize the seriousness of what we do when we perform scrotal inflation with IV fluids. We are preforming a medical procedure with IV medications. And we are doing these things "off-label", meaning this is not the intended purpose for these medications. Sorry to be so serious about this but, I do have to protect myself. I hope I don't offend anyone by my comments or manner of presentation. My interest is our safety when doing scrotal inflation.

Every time I help someone infuse their scrotal sac, I go thru a comprehensive health screening with them. It gets technical and impersonal but, again, I want every one who performs scrotal inflation to be confident that they are looking at the big picture of their health so the procedure can be preformed safely. I'll get off my soap box now. I hope my information and anecdotal advice is helpful.
lytgreen

Post by lytgreen »

Dont expect to get your order from sedationkit.com any time soon. I ordered 1 case of lactated ringers/d5 in early august. Never receved it. I
expect they ripped me off. No response tp my phone calls and emails.
im sure ive been ripped off by them. Would never reccomend sedation kit!!

ure I