MAKE YOUR OWN SALINE SOLUTION?

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Oregazmick

MAKE YOUR OWN SALINE SOLUTION?

Post by Oregazmick »

I have noticed on here that it seems to be difficult if not impossible to obtain medical saline solution for infusion / injection. This seems to depend on where you live, and on the state of the market, whether there is a shortage or not.

Surely sensible capable people could make their own? After all, I think it is merely sterile water with a certain proportion of salt in it.

Presumably water from the mains, passed through a jug filter to make it even more pure, can be made sterile by boiling it in a saucepan with a lid on for a minimum number of minutes, or possibly even better in a pressure cooker which would reach higher temperatures. Salt and any other appropriate ingredients added before boiling would also become sterile.

After cooling, the sterile solution would need to be decanted into a suitable sterile container for infusion or injection.

I do not claim to have the necessary knowledge, but if I am right in principle, then perhaps someone with a knowledge of chemistry, and possibly of the medical profession, could give precise directions. I think the main point is the best type of salt to use, and any other ingredients, and the exact quantities in grammes to be added to a litre of water (for those of us in Europe!).

Since starting this I have just had a Google, and found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saline_(medicine) , and we are talking about 0.90% saline solution, which means 9 grammes of salt in a litre of water. Obviously correct procedures and precautions to make and keep everything sterile would be needed, and as I said, a careful sensible person working in clean conditions should be able to achieve this, if in the slightest doubt, don't try it! Make your own, don't trust any other amateurly produced product!

Anyway, just an idea that occurred to me. Any professional chemist or medical professional on here able to give any advice or guidance? (Hopefully more positive than simply "Don't do it!".)
darktime

Re: MAKE YOUR OWN SALINE SOLUTION?

Post by darktime »

A homemade approach to making saline is an aseptic one. Unless you have a completely sterile lab in which you could do it, I don't believe it is possible to create a saline solution with the degree of sterility that medical grade saline has.

Granted, the solution itself is very simple to make. However, preventing sepsis is what costs the time and money.
sabishi

Post by sabishi »

It's possible, but my advise is to just buy sterile saline in drugstores or online
cjfatnite

Post by cjfatnite »

So what about this plan? Take 100ml of bottled water, boil and dissolve in salt. Then suck the solution into a sterile syringe and inject into a 1L bag of medical sterile water.
-CJ
uncutokiepumper

Post by uncutokiepumper »

a few yrs back, i attended a saline infusion seminar at a leather event. the host of this seminar mentioned that one should
NEVER EVER attempt to make their own solution. he went on to say that he heard of a man who did and as a result; he ended up in the hospital with severe sepsis. al that was bad enough, but the end results was that he had to have his penis
as well as his testicles removed because the sepsis was so bad.

since we all prize our genitals and want to make them as big as we possibly can, i think it would be a good idea if all of us was to NEVER EVER make our own solution and stick to buying it.

just thought i'd pass this along.
pumpinit

Post by pumpinit »

I'll say this only once. I'll not argue about it nor will I attempt to tell you how.
Let's say I can make my own sterile solution. I will not ever do it. I buy mine as they have
much better quality control.
If I were silly enough to make my own I would never use boiling as the first step.
I would only use a solution that was made from boiled and conditioned water.
I would use a pressure vessel and hold the temp at six hundred for an hour or so.
Yes that would be very high and dangerous pressure. Then with that product
in a sterile bag I would not use it unless I could use Gamma Ray sterilization. PERIOD.
It's not just you're junk you risk loosing. It's you're life!
abstract22

Post by abstract22 »

Oregazmick wrote:I think it is merely sterile water with a certain proportion of salt in it.

Presumably water from the mains, passed through a jug filter to make it even more pure, can be made sterile by boiling it in a saucepan with a lid on for a minimum number of minutes, or possibly even better in a pressure cooker which would reach higher temperatures. Salt and any other appropriate ingredients added before boiling would also become sterile.
Nope, that's not the case. Tap water is not just water, it contains chlorine which is a disinfectant like bleach, as well as tons of contaminants such as metal and rust particles, dirt particles and whatever else water collects from the pipes on its way from the purification plant to your tap. All those things are in low enough concentration to DRINK, because your body filters it properly. But injecting it directly into your body? Hell no. That's a terrible idea.

A jug filter won't remove everything from the water, it will merely take out some of the things that make it taste bad. Tap water is NOT pure at all. Try distilling the water and you'll see that for every liter you get a few spoonfuls of DIRT, like, black muddy crap. No boiling or anything other than industrial grade purification will get rid of all of that for sure. You don't want that inside your body. Once again, when you drink it, your stomach and intestines filter it properly so that it can't get into your blood stream. If you inject it directly, that's a whole different story, you're bypassing a huge portion of your immune and filtering systems. Just because a beef steak doesn't make you ill if you eat it doesn't mean it's safe to inject it into your balls.

Boiling the water does nothing more than kill any bacteria/virus in it. It won't get rid of chlorine and any other particles of dirt and rust.

It doesn't just need to be sterile, it also needs to be safe in many other ways. Bleach is also sterile, but you wouldn't inject it into your body.

Even if you use medical saline, there is still a risk of infection and complications. By not using medical saline you are simply making the risk of infection even higher. You probably don't have a lab and a chemistry degree, so you won't be able to make the same quality solution as what you would buy, it will only be worse.

So you guessed it, don't even think about it.
dressupfriend20

Post by dressupfriend20 »

Please do not try to do this. saline itself is not special. what's special is the very difficult of sterilizing it. It has to be totally sterile, using lasers and uv lights. please don't try to make your own.