K.caseni-Las

Re: Crazy glue

Post by K.caseni-Las »

Hi, have used it twice now. Crazy glue. Seems to work fine. :D
K.caseni-Las

again crazy glue

Post by K.caseni-Las »

Hi crazy men,
usually the infusion hole doesnt leak after pressing it for 5 to 10 minutes. Today, it still leaks (a litle) How exactly do you use crazy glue??? I find it more on my fingers, or the container glues itself, or if the site is a little wet, it doesnt seal anyway. If you have some hints, i d appreciate. Thanx
pumpsac

Post by pumpsac »

Hey K, here's what works well for me. Before pulling out catheter, I take Liquid Bandaid and swab it around the cat. When dry, I put a dot from a permanent marker next to the cat. to make a so called target so I know where the injection site is (bad vision) then I swab it again and let dry. When dry, I pull cat. put slowly out and apply pressure for 5 +/- mins. with a sterile sponge until all leaking is almost done or done. Next I put a little Super Glue on a spot bandaid and use a pair of tweezers to place the bandaid on the target, then press it down without getting glue on your fingers and the glue sticks to your liquid bandaid and not your skin for easy removal.... I've done over 100+ infusion in the last couple of years and this what works best for me without any site infections or problems but I also do a very sterile pre infusion prep before infusing... pumpsac
The Big Bag Theory - The more you know, the more you grow!
K.caseni-Las

Post by K.caseni-Las »

Thanks!
2 more questions: the tiny tube with the glue locks itself after first use. There would be at least 20 seals in it, but I have to throw it out. The glue, does it dry faster with heat or humidity :?:
Thanks again :!:
pumpsac

Post by pumpsac »

I use Loctite brand 15 second gel glue and have no issues on reuse. Not sure on heat and humid.
The Big Bag Theory - The more you know, the more you grow!