supplies

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

racer-x

supplies

Post by racer-x »

I was shopping at my local farm store and see they have IV supplies, Mainly needles and line sets. They did not have any catheters but have needles
they fit the line set just fine. Will these work and are they safe? They are sealed just as people grade needles but do say for vet use only on them.

They also had Dextrose but it was 50% which is way to strong I believe. I think it was for a Bull, Cow or Horse... Anyone ever try any of this stuff.
I bought a box of needles to compare with what I have. There was no problems in buying the supplies. There can't be much difference between this
stuff..Its probably made on the same line.
msmSaline

Re: supplies

Post by msmSaline »

The dextrose, no. The rest I wouldnt know.
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
B8rBear

Re: supplies

Post by B8rBear »

Needles vs catheters is personal preference ... I like catheters. I don't like leaving a needle in my balls. As long as the packaging is sterile, they should be safe for use.

The D50% ... too strong. Will cause MUCH tissue damage if injected/infused un-diluted. It's caustic to veins, let alone outside of a blood vessel in delicate tissues. D50% is used intravenously for low blood sugar (among a few other uses). if I am remembering correctly, it is treated as a "serious event" when it leaks outside of a blood vessel. So, don't inject directly into your scrotum. There's my 2 cents.