qestion about hartmann's infusion

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

phiro

qestion about hartmann's infusion

Post by phiro »

hy guys is this usable or should i trowe it away i hawe many of this , . Or is it beter not to play with this ?!
msmSaline

Re: qestion about hartmann's infusion

Post by msmSaline »

throw what away, send a pic.

if you have saline that you are thinking of using, it does indeed have an expiration date you should be aware of
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

That is Lactated Ringers (or Ringers Lactate). It's osmo is VERY similar to 0.9% saline (NS). I would avoid using it. It contains additional electrolyes (potassium, chloride, magnesium, calcium, and lactate) that won't benefit you and can potentially change your body chemistry in a negative manner. normal serum Potassium levels tolerated in the blood stream are a very narrow range. You don't wanna mess with that level as it can alter cardiac electrical activity. I don't think there is enough to really harm you, especially if you have normal kidney function but, why risk it. Saline or low concentrations of dextrose are more easily tolerated by the body. Plus, the lactate can cause some muscle stiffness if it isn't excreted/removed quickly enough by the kidneys. There's my 2 cents.
phiro

Post by phiro »

Thank you for your help you are the best .