Big problem with first infusion

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

Shadowcs

Big problem with first infusion

Post by Shadowcs »

I would like to say i am now ok, but rather curious as to what happened with my first infusion and why.

I cleaned and prepared great. Showered under hot water, washed my sack for probably half an hour with antibacterial soap.
Came out, dried and prepared my iv bottle with saline 0.9 500ml. Sanitised with a sanitising spray. Used gloves.

Got the needle in no problem, didn't hit anything and im pretty sure it pierced the sack and not just under skin. Bled the line of air. connected up and set to flow.

After about 100ml minutes i got ridiculously hot and started sweating my entire body. Seconds later i started to lose my vision, it faded to white. At this point i called downstairs to my partner for help.
My hearing then went and I started to lose consciousness. Could barely move but I managed to get the needle out and then within seconds i was recovering. a total of about 200ml went in by that time.

No lasting problems a few hours later apart from a headache off the stress. I'll admit i disposed of my saline supplies, as i don't plan on risking that again. I would like to hear any theories as to what might have happened?

Like i say everything was sterile, i was clean, nothing got dropped or touched any other surface. Used gloves as well. Any ideas?
neworlandopumper

Re: Big problem with first infusion

Post by neworlandopumper »

do you have or take any type of blood pressure medication? remember, when you are infusing you are causing your heart to possibly work harder and therefor may have had some type of blood pressure drop or something. I'm not a doctor or in the medical profession, but after reading up extensively on infusing you should be very wary. How fast was the infusion? If you don't let your body adjust normally due to a fast infusion, that could be the cause also. Any sudden changes can throw your body off.
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

WOW ... I wish I could chime in on this one but, I am baffled as to what caused your reaction. As neworlandopumper suggested, cardiac issues could be the cause. Do you have any cardiac issues? Hypertension? Abnormal rhythm? Congestive heart failure? But, that was a small volume to cause any issues. 100-200ml is less than a glass of water. Hummmmm ... My only other thought is it may have been a neurologic response to a change in sodium level. But, again, that was a small volume and the sodium content in 200 ml is small. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, just a couple of weak theories. I'm sorry to hear you had this difficulty. My only suggestion is to review your medical history and see if any thing exists that may make you sensitive to volume or sodium.
Shadowcs

Post by Shadowcs »

I have slightly low blood pressure but other than that no conditions I know of. Perfectly healthy! Hell, I can't even remember the last time I had to make a trip to the doctors
RicanMan2001

Post by RicanMan2001 »

It could be due to the stressful situation that you were experiencing. What you have described, looks like a panic attack. Based on what you have stated that right after you removed the needle from your scrotum you begin feeling better, confirm me my theory. Human body assimilate very well saline, and that is why doctors use it for many treatments. In any case, you case encouraged me and other men to be careful when doing saline.
Moderate pumping to get the best results. Sometime going to extreme pumping to my own enjoyment and to impress my friends :)
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

Sounds more like a panic attack.

And actually the one time I did this to my spouse he got so anxious that he whited out for a second.
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
Shadowcs

Post by Shadowcs »

I'm not sure about panic attacks as I've never had one before. I know I was calm inserting the needle and didn't feel anxious at the time unless it was subconscious
Jassix

Post by Jassix »

I have to side with the panic notion, I'm easy with a good deal of things but I did have a closed hair follicle on my chest once, had to get it drained. Now I've no problems sticken myself, cuts and slivers and all that no problems, but laying there for some reason though, even though there was local freezing, I started suffering auditory exclusion, vision impairment, faintness... etc etc ringing in the ears despite not hearing anything to begin with. It was indeed an unpleasant experience and I enjoy bdsm as a whole... an odd event...
Shadowcs

Post by Shadowcs »

Strange, I always thought panic attacks might be more to do with stress or anxiety. Like I said, I wasn't that nervous. And needles/pain/blood etc doesn't bother me. My job leads me to bleed every day
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

Shadowcs wrote:Strange, I always thought panic attacks might be more to do with stress or anxiety. Like I said, I wasn't that nervous. And needles/pain/blood etc doesn't bother me. My job leads me to bleed every day

you can have "panic" attacks from lots of different emotions. i had one once when i was feeling 100% content!
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
exx78

Post by exx78 »

Do not use antidepressants? It may have something to do?