side effects of n2o

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

bristolballs

side effects of n2o

Post by bristolballs »

was chatting to a doctor the other day about n2o , and was told n2o can affect the nerves of the shoulder ,
has anyone come across this ? I do get an ache in my right upper arm but I put this down to work related , now i am wondering if it is n2o !
klavman

Re: side effects of n2o

Post by klavman »

I have done N2O many times and have not come across that myself.
wolityrael

Post by wolityrael »

I too done n2o inflations many times, but never had something like this. Bit this don't mean, it can't happen. You don't have to be affraid to do this kind of inflation, but you deffenitly have to do it with caution. I felt some pain 2 or 3 times, when the gas flew up my body, cause i didn't done correctly. But this goes away really fast, cause n2o gets absorbet by the body really fast (about 2 houres).
But i hope, you didn't hurt your self too much with the gas. Wish ya all the best
there is nothing like "too big"
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

I recently had an laproscopic appendectomy. The CO2 that was used to inflate my abdomen so the surgeon could "do his thing" caused me some achy discomfort as it dissipated out of my body. Since it's a gas, it tends to migrate upwards to the shoulders. That is where I had my aches. It could be the N2O doing the same thing. There's my 2 cents.
bristolballs

Post by bristolballs »

thanks for your inputs , good to hear fromother guys ,
it doesnt put me off doing the inflations , just wish they lasted longer !!
jddill

Post by jddill »

How much are you using?
Are you tied off?
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

Wait Wait Wait..... explain.

What did you tell your doctor exactly? It's not like it would ONLY effect your shoulder or parts of it. How did the conversation between you two go?

The simple answer would be to say that it is just plain ole DANGEROUS. First of all, the process of us guys getting N2O into our body isnt conventional by any means. Second, its not meant to be floating around your body. An inflation into your scrotum could end up sending gas bubbles your into your head and other BAD places.

I'd like to remind everyone here of the Newart Member who decided to follow up saline with N2O actually and actually destroyed the nerves in his genetilia and now cannot feel ANYTHING in his scrotum, testicles, or penis.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33257&hilit=nerves#p182944

Do it at your own risk! :)

Dangers
Respiratory: Respiratory depression, apnea, diffusion hypoxia
Cardiovascular: Hypotension, arrhythmias
Nervous: Dizzyness, euphoria, increased CBF/ICP, neuropathy with chronic exposure
Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, ileus
Other: Bone marrow depression with chronic exposure, malignant hyperthermia
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

Facebook.com/bundleofshae
Fetlife.com/users/9863829 (NSFW)
Instagram.com/Shae.meful (Sorta NSFW)
Inflatix

Post by Inflatix »

Last edited by Inflatix on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

Inflatix wrote:It is not more dangerous than saline or clucose. I do N2O inflations since more than ten years and had not a single problem with it. Not even an infection.

"First of all, the process of us guys getting N2O into our body isnt conventional by any means" --> same for saline.
"Second, its not meant to be floating around your body" --> N2O is absorbed faster than anything else. It won't float araund.
"An inflation into your scrotum could end up sending gas bubbles your into your head" --> if it comes into a vein maybe. but again, its absorbed really fast. --> aspiration is a must!

You list of dangers is related to N2O inhalation, thats a complete different story! N2O insufflation is not having any of these effects. Personally i never inhaled it.

The Newart Member who has destroyed his nerves used much too much pressure. He actually tried to force it until rupture. This can also happen with saline.

There is one thing: Heavy use of N2O can lead to severe B-vitamin deficiency and that this deficiency can lead to neurological problems.

Yes, do it at your own risk!

Oh Jeeze, I figured someone would fact check me. :) OK fine then here we go.

1) Tell your doctor: "I want to use a whip cream dispenser to inject N2O into my scrotum, what are the risks?" See what he says. That's the real answer.
2) YES the gas can go ANYWHERE in your body, including your head. I don't know why anyone would argue against that. If the gas didn't drift, why would you need to tie off? In fact, here is a popular N2O user who tied off as usual and the gas still went past the tie off and up into his belly in just a few moments. The gas will last for about an hour and will continue to go UP if he stands. I have PERSONALLY experienced this many many times.
3) "Inhalation" and "Insufflation" both mean 'to inhale' so I don't know what you actually meant there, Inflatix:

Insufflation (Latin insufflatio "blowing on" or "into") is the practice of inhaling a substance. Insufflation has medical use as a route of administration for many respiratory drugs used to treat conditions in the lungs (e.g., asthma or emphysema) and paranasal sinus (e.g., allergy).

So if you really want to claim differences, please show us the literature explicitly defining what happens to N2O injected into the human body. In fact i challenge anyone to show me such research...

4) I never said saline injection was conventional. I will say that using a whip cream dispenser to effectively do a medical procedure is LESS conventional. I will say that it is WAY less practiced and we know WAY less about it than saline.

5) Doing something for 10 years without a bad experience doesnt mean they dont exist, lol, that is just plain naivety. I have driven on a 12-lane highway back and fourth to work for a decade and have NEVER crashed my car. Would I assume that I never will never crash in the future? No! That's absurd.

Anyways it doesn't really matter to me what people do, but i think there is a big difference between putting medical grade fluids into your system versus a product designed for something entirely different.

The answer is, no one knows enough about injecting N2O gas into your ballsack, duh. The facts are thats it can be VERY dangerous. Yes so can saline and of course its your choice. But if i were you i would go ask a doctor who would know the most, and dont trust people on a tiny forum within the huge plethora of space that is the internet.
Hey I'm Shae! I'm a trans chick, but I did this for two decades before transitioning (She/Her).

jddill

Post by jddill »

ok, my 1st post got missed.
Let me put it this way.
I N2O in getting to your shoulder then you are doing it WRONG.

On another note the guy the cant feel anything, the n2o did nothing, the extreme pressure that he was using broke the nerves going down there.
He described it has a loud pop and everything went numb.

Not to much pressure for two reasons:
One is that the pressure may rip something.
The second is no matter how good you tie off you can not keep the n2o from going up.

N2O can and will give you trouble up to and including going to the hospital (I did it too) if you do not contain it or you use too much.
If your tubes are not leaking you should never use more than ONE charge of n2o.
It is simply all you can contain to your private regions.

People don't take into account just how much they are using.
If you did so much saline that you where inflated all the way to your chest it would probably send you to the hospital.
N2O is no different. When it starts heading for your stomach area YOU STOP.
Inflatix

Post by Inflatix »

yes you are right. tiny forum. i'm not interested on this kind of discussions. bye.
bristolballs

Post by bristolballs »

to answer various questions , I was chatting to a guy on gaydar , who happens to be a doctor .
we were chatting about scrotal inflation and I said i had done n2o on a few occasions ,
Out of the blue he asked if I had suffered any pain in my shoulder ( thought strange question , whats the connection and why the shoulder) and he said the n2o can affect the nerves in the shoulder .thats all I know and just wondered if anyone had heard of this . I do tie off my sac but the gas is bound to leak out at some point .I still love to do it !!!
jddill

Post by jddill »

The best case of a mountain out of a mole hill I have seen in a long time.
No I have never read or experienced anything like that.
ssnaps

Post by ssnaps »

msmSaline wrote: I'd like to remind everyone here of the Newart Member who decided to follow up saline with N2O actually and actually destroyed the nerves in his genetilia and now cannot feel ANYTHING in his scrotum, testicles, or penis.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33257&hilit=nerves#p182944
Fill a balloon with water, now add air. You will notice the latex on the water side is less stretched than the air side. That's what he did with his balls.
msmSaline

Post by msmSaline »

my point is you cannot control gas like you can saline