Check list

An area to talk about saline inflation.

Moderator: bigray57

racer-x

Check list

Post by racer-x »

I have been reading a lot on how to do a infusions and just about read to give it a try. I was wondering if someone could look over this shopping list and tell me if
it looks good or missing something? I will leave one set of catheters which should save about $100.

I would be willing to share supplies if some was willing to show me 1st hand.

Thanks
Attachments
List
List
B8rBear

Re: Check list

Post by B8rBear »

So ... looking at your list, you do have some redundancies on it.

Saline ... check
B Braun 22g Safety catheters ... check
Amsina 60 drops per ml ... NO (too slow)
Medex Protective catheter ... No (you already have a good one above)
Tourniquet ... interesting choice .. I can see using that to isolate the balls ... good choice. (you can probably reuse them ... a LOT)
Amsino 10 drops per ml ... check (better than the one above, faster infusion).

Things missing ... alcohol or chlorhexadine prep pads for cleansing the site, gloves, gauze for helping seal the hole post infusion, small bandaids and denture adhesive (also for sealing the hole). Some or all of these items not on your list can be purchased at a drug store.

I hope that helps.
racer-x

Post by racer-x »

MAN A REALLY BIG THANKS,,,For the read through

I have the both the Alcohol and Chlorhexdine Pads already here. I have several friends that are diabetic and I live to far out in the country to have to run into town for something. Plus I really like be prepared for what might ever come down the line. I have enough stuff in my medical kit at the house to to stitch someone up if needed. So I am pretty good there.

I did not have the Denture adhesive but do believe I have some Dermabond (Medical Grade Super Glue type skin adhesive) I will
Pick some up now. Thanks

The Tourniquets seemed interesting and cheap enough. Just thought I would try them. Plus I need a few for the emergency supplies Just in case I need to control bleeding around here.

Thanks
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

My pleasure ... I do what I can to help anyone venturing into this foray.

Lemme know how it goes with the derma bond ... and by the way, where did you get it??? I used to use Super/Krazy glue but, found it was hard to get it completely dry before applying it. I'd have to reseal my puncture many many times. That's why I switched to the denture adhesive and small bandaids (at the recommendation of Sbxguy). I'd be more interested in the derma bond if it handles a wet environment better than super glue. Given what it is, I would imagine it does do better in a wet situation. I'd rather not look down and see a bandaid! Kinda destroys the aesthetics of the beautiful balls I just made !! You may not need the denture adhesive and band aid if the derma bond works.

Keep in touch.
justabitbigger

Post by justabitbigger »

also post a follow up on how it was ordering with that place. Prices are cheap!
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

I have ordered from them a couple times. Both were un eventful. Package arrived in a timely fashion and the order was complete and correct!
racer-x

Post by racer-x »

I think I might still need some help it seem to keep filling right on one side like its a little lumpy but if i push it is seems to go somewhere....
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

racer-x wrote:I think I might still need some help it seem to keep filling right on one side like its a little lumpy but if i push it is seems to go somewhere....
I usually fill on one side (same as needle) first. I do exactly what you are doing" squeeze it, and then it begins to balance out. My theory is, some of us have more fatty tissue in our scrotal sac and when we "infiltrate" that with IV fluid! it will need a little help moving around to the other side. I assume your "balls" even out over night? Mine my be uneven when I'm done with the infusion but, with in a few hours, they are even!

Does that help?
B8rBear

Post by B8rBear »

Here's the checklist ... just posted this message to bring it to the foreground again for some folks who were asking for it.
PumperSoCal

Post by PumperSoCal »

I was looking at other places recently as I've wanted to infuse again. Atlantic Med Supply is out of .9 saline currently. I just missed a sale there I guess. Checked out BP. But I found out they require a prescription and Dr. authorization. I don't know if that's different from when this thread was originally posted last year. Just an FYI for anyone wanting to buy from them.
Attachments
sa1.png
Straight Pumper& Infuser

"I look normal on the outside, but you have no idea what lies beneath this brilliant camouflage."
racer-x

Post by racer-x »

I think they might say that just to cover themselves, I was never asked about a one, Order was complete and no complaint with them.
PumperSoCal

Post by PumperSoCal »

Huh. Well I'll have to give it a go then. Thanks for the info.
Straight Pumper& Infuser

"I look normal on the outside, but you have no idea what lies beneath this brilliant camouflage."
ShawnCohen

Post by ShawnCohen »

I just placed an order with BP Medical and it's on hold pending physician authorization form. We'll see if it goes though or is rejected.
PumperSoCal

Post by PumperSoCal »

It will be interesting to see what happens. Otherwise it looks like I'm waiting until I find some place else to get it from.
Straight Pumper& Infuser

PumperSoCal

Post by PumperSoCal »

Well...judging by there not being an update on the status in 5 business days, I'd say either the saline shortage caught up to BP or the order was rejected. :?
Straight Pumper& Infuser