Pump losing pressure, normal?

General discussion area on penis pumping, and penis enlargement.

Moderator: bigray57

yonut

Pump losing pressure, normal?

Post by yonut »

Hi hello,

I have a standard manual pump
http://www.lapdist.com/product/SKU6.html

What I notice is that I pump to a certain pressure, say 5"....if I stop actively pumping the pressure slowly goes down. This is not my dick expanding thus lowering the pressure but the pump slowly leaking. If I remove the pump from the cylinder the pressure stays constant more or less.

Is this normal and if so what's the purpose?
SFBallpumper

Re: Pump losing pressure, normal?

Post by SFBallpumper »

Seals in a pump, like people, aren't perfect. If your pump leaks a lot more than you want, it may be time to replace the pump.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
yonut

Post by yonut »

Hmmm my pump was like this from the beginning though.
I think this is not a leakage but intentional.....like when you pump your car tires you usually go slightly above the pressure you want and then wait for the needle to slowly go down to the exact pressure and then disconnect the pump.

Does your pump do the same or no?
xzen54321

Post by xzen54321 »

My cheep Harbor Freight pump leaks, more as time goes on.
Are you sure it’s the pump? Pinch off the line to it, pump it, and see if it goes down, if it doesn’t, your leak is somewhere else.
If it is the pump, spray a spurt of silicone lubricant like silicone WD-40 into it and pump it a lot and see if that helps. NOT REGULAR WD-40, it will rapidly degrade the rubber seals.
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

You probably need to take the pump apart and clean it. The front part were the gauge is has a little rubber valve in it. You will need to take a paper towel or cloth rag and clean the valve and under the valve. I have one of the Harbor Freight pumps taken apart I can take a picture for you if you need it.
Huge4Me

Post by Huge4Me »

I have found that loss of pressure is actually helpful in a way. For me, maximum gains with minimum discomfort have always come from varied rather than constant pressure. I now pump with good old fashioned bulb pumps, but good ones, not like the ones that come from most sex stores. I pump up as far as the bulb will get me, then let the pressure fall off due to leakage until the bulb re-expands. Then I pump again. The bulb also keeps me from over pumping when I get excited about how huge I am getting, which I was always prone to with the heavy duty pumps.
kiwibop

Post by kiwibop »

Check the O-rings in the quick connect too: these wear after a while and are cheap and easy to replace. Does the cylinder still lose pressure if you disconnect, or only while you're connected to the pump - that gives a good clue where the leak is
yonut

Post by yonut »

Thank you for the sugesstions.

@kiwibop
When I disconnect the pump there is no pressure drop....

Again the pressure drop is so gradual and it was there from the beginning, it seems intentional.
Please let me know if your pump holds the pressure when you're not actively pumping...BECAUSE I DONT BELIEVE YOU :x :lol:
Pumping Now

Post by Pumping Now »

An easy try is suck some warm soapy water through it, then rinse with clean water. I do this with the Colder fitting attached to the pump - it can get particles stuck in it, too. I use WD-40 as pump lube.
Balls flopping free like a bull. To my knees, and beyond!