Issue connecting DP4000 to laptop running Windows 10

General discussion area on penis pumping, and penis enlargement.

Moderator: bigray57

camboybxl

Issue connecting DP4000 to laptop running Windows 10

Post by camboybxl »

Hi pumpers.

I have a question for the geeks among us.
I can't connect my DP4000 with my new laptop running on Windows 10. When I'm plugging the usb cable, it is recognized as an unknown device. I've tried to manually use old and new FTDI drivers, but none works :-((

I get an error message in the properties thumb in Device manager :
"This device cannot start (code10)
Device descriptor request failed"

I've contacted Chris from CTC, but what he told me to do hasn't worked (downloading the newer version of the software and the 20814 version of the FTDI driver). I don't think he can help me further as he hasn't answered my last emails.

This is why I'm asking the community. Has any DP4000 owner managed to make it connect Under Windows 10, and if yes, which driver have you used?

Thanks ;o)
CylinderStuffer

Re: Issue connecting DP4000 to laptop running Windows 10

Post by CylinderStuffer »

I just had the same issue connecting my phone to my computer under windows 10.
My problem ultimately was my USB cable went bad somehow but you can also use windows troubleshooter which can help get it to work.
First you want to go to the control panel, then in the top right in the search bar type in Troubleshooting and then click the one called "troubleshooting. In that screen find "Configure a device" which is under Hardware and sound, that should pop up a new window and just click next and follow the on screen prompts. It will want you to restart and if that fails you might try looking for another cable, shorter ones seem to work better. The DP4000 uses the same connector as a standard printer as well not as common as it was a few years ago but you possibly have another laying around.

Edit:By same problem I mean the same error it has to do with your device itself not telling windows what it is so your computer cant figure out HOW to use whatever you just plugged in. It would be about the same as dropping your keys at the mechanics and telling them you parked it at the mall somewhere without any description of it
camboybxl

Post by camboybxl »

Thanks for your advice.
I've tried what you suggested, and also tried to replace the cable.
Still struggling...
I can't connect it either to an older laptop using Windows 7...
The laptop I was using the DP4000 with was running on Windows 8.1,but it got stolen...
I'll try installing Linux on my older laptop an see if it works...
In the meantime, I'm open to try anything ;o)
mosfet

Post by mosfet »

This may not be relevant, as I don't know which versions of the driver were affected, but a while ago FTDI inserted code into a driver update that would "brick" fake/cloned chips. There were large quantities of fake chips in circulation, including from apparently reputable sources, and FTDI chose the nuclear option: when the device connected, the driver checked the imbedded product code, and if it wasn't as expected the descriptor information was erased, rendering the device useless. I seem to remember that there was a way to reprogram the descriptor if you have access to the right equipment: otherwise it would be a case of replacing the chip with a known genuine FTDI part. But as I say, this may not be your problem.
camboybxl

Post by camboybxl »

You are actually right, Mosfet.

I've checked, and the VID and PID of the chip have been changed. They show now a VID of 0000 and PID of 0002.

I've tried to add these values in the ftdibus and ftdiport files, and forcing Windows to use these files as drivers, but it doesn't work. I'm still getting the same error message in device manager ("This device cannot start (code10) Device descriptor request failed")

I've carefully opened the DP4000 case, and saw a counterfeit FTDI chip. It's very small, with micropins and has been glued into place, so I'm afraid that it might be impossible to remove and replace with another one...

I'm still browsing the web to find a way to make this bricked chip visible to Windows, so I can reset the VID and PID back to its original values of 0403 and 6001 respectively, but I'm starting to think I'll never succeed...

I'll let you know if I find a way to solve this issue. For now, it seems I can throw my DP4000 to the trash... :o(
neonpumper

Post by neonpumper »

Have you thought about buying a cheap used laptop that has windows 7 on it to run the pump?
matruemuscle2

Post by matruemuscle2 »

Have you tried the compatability tool in windows 10
olivia545

Post by olivia545 »

It is very important to connect the printer with other devices otherwise you may get the Error Code 0x9d because I was also faced the same issue and then I visited many sites to know how Fix Epson Printer Error Code 0x9d and got to know that this kind of error is occurred due to the connection issue with virus infected devices.