Is it possible to pump without shaving?

General discussion area on penis pumping, and penis enlargement.

Moderator: bigray57

soundsgreat87

Is it possible to pump without shaving?

Post by soundsgreat87 »

I'd really rather not have to shave my junk to get a good seal. I know a lot of people like the look but I really don't. It's also really uncomfortable for me to be shaved. Everything sticks and is prickly and I have to shave like twice a day to keep up with it and it's just all around awful.

I feel like I've heard of guys using vaseline to get a good seal with the pubes in the way. Is that true?
PumperDane

Re: Is it possible to pump without shaving?

Post by PumperDane »

Hey soundsgreat, seems you and I have somewhat the same difficulty with getting a tight seal. I too don't like shaving of my pubes. While I do like my balls to be clean shaven, I still want to retain some of the bush above my cock. So it's often hard for me to achieve the tight seal we're looking for. One of my cylinders are flanged, and I do think the flanged one is working best in regards to the seal. Also I use some lube (Stallion Pumpers Lube, Doc Johnson) on the flange. Guess that works like the vaseline trick you're refering to. Btw. I would be careful to use vaseline ... not sure it can't damage the tube as vaseline is petroleum based.
soundsgreat87

Post by soundsgreat87 »

Thanks for the reply Dane! I'm going to give trimming a try. I'm using a homemade tube with a silicone rubber ballstretcher as a makeshift comfort ring. Definitely don't want to get silicone lube on it, but I think vaseline would be fine!
Huge4Me

Post by Huge4Me »

Pumping without shaving works for me. I probably get a somewhat better seal shaved, but KY jelly or a store brand substitute work fine with or without shaved pubes. It is sometimes harder to get a good seal when I first start pumping...but gentle pressure and a little patience get the job done. I''ve never tried vasaline..but I understand it can be bad for our pumping gear.
uncutokie

Post by uncutokie »

i've been pumping off and oon for the past 20 yrs. during that time, i've not once shaved.

i just use plenty of lube on everything and smear a good amount on my crotch hair. as a
result, i get a great seal everytime.
PumperDane

Post by PumperDane »

Seems a lot of lube does the trick for more than one "bushy" guy. That's very good news to me ;-)
tennsteven

Post by tennsteven »

Pumping without shaving is not a problem. Just watch your gauge--it will drop slowly requiring more frequent pump ups to maintain 5Hg. or so. I like olive oil as a lube which tends to soften hair anyway.
soundsgreat87

Post by soundsgreat87 »

Thanks guys. I'll pick up some water based lube and give it a try :)
kiwipumper2

Post by kiwipumper2 »

I use a product from Australia, Emu oil creme. Works really well.
iPumpFL

Post by iPumpFL »

Not a shaver here. I like my hair. I use Aloe Vera gel. User ample about for a good seal. It's good for the skin too.
groove the tube!