erection quality and exercise? ??

Discussion about male impotence.

Moderator: bigray57

jr1975atv

erection quality and exercise? ??

Post by jr1975atv »

I'm skinny just haven't been active is there a correlation to exercise and erection quality?
SFBallpumper

Re: erection quality and exercise? ??

Post by SFBallpumper »

I'm not a doctor but it seems logical that the healthier your heart, the better the blood flow to your dick.
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
TetherSpout

Post by TetherSpout »

I'm not a doctor either, but I have never heard about any empirical correlation between physical fitness and erection quality. And logically I wouldn't expect blood flow to have much effect, since erections are not dependent on blood flow to your dick but more about stopping blood flow out of your dick.

But there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. It always seems to be the fat out-of-shape guys that have the limp noodles, whereas the skinny guys always seem to have wood between their legs. And if anything, it seems to be in inverse proportion to how muscular they are. So be glad you're skinny and just try to stay that way.
devodude

Post by devodude »

I'm going to have to split my reply in several sections, as this stupid forum blocks my post when certain key words are in it...

In almost all cases, I've found your comments to be well-informed and logical, Tetherspout. But in this case, I will have to mount an argument with you here. Not because I want to pick a fight with you, but rather to let people know what personal research I've discovered on the topic.
TetherSpout wrote:... I have never heard about any empirical correlation between physical fitness and erection quality.
That statement might be true in your experience, but I have seen nothing but proof that there is a definite and clear correlation between one's overall health and erection quality. (I guess one needs to define "erection quality" to some degree.) Even without any medical proof, it only stands to reason that our evolutionary biology hinges upon our species to be fit to make children. Our potential mates are also contingent on our overall look of healthiness. Women will inherently response to a man's features that exhibit health and virility.
"Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time."
--Unknown

Be sure to check out my Tumblr blog: http://devodick.tumblr.com/
devodude

Post by devodude »

One could even argue that if one is very healthy looking (and good-looking), you are able to choose from a stable of women (or men) that will further drive your libido and make for better erections.
And logically I wouldn't expect blood flow to have much effect, since erections are not dependent on blood flow to your dick ...
Blood flow has everything to do with erections...well, maybe not everything, to be exact. Erections are like phone numbers. The call doesn't get through unless all the numbers are right, and in the right order. Erections as similar in the fact that they won't happen unless all the chemical processes occur in the right order and the right amount in order to cause an erection. So, if all the chemicals, like nitric oxide, are released and in plentiful quantities, erections still won't be good if your penile arteries are occluded.
...since erections are not dependent on blood flow to your dick but more about stopping blood flow out of your dick.
Incorrect. What you are referring to is "venous leak", a common condition that prevents penile blood from escaping, thus preventing a man from the ability to maintain an erection. He may get good erections, but he can't keep it going long enough to have intercourse.
--Unknown

devodude

Post by devodude »

But there is plenty of anecdotal evidence. It always seems to be the fat out-of-shape guys that have the limp noodles, whereas the skinny guys always seem to have wood between their legs.
Yes and no. If you have ever researched heart disease, you'll soon discover that many young, thin men have heart attacks. I've seen thousands of p-o-r-n videos where men are fat and out of shape, and have great erections (possibly aided by drugs). Once a young, thin man has heart disease, he's put on all kinds of allopathic drugs, most to them out to rob him of his erection and libido. There is no doubt that the scourge of diabetes (common among Americans, and are generally outwardly obese) have performance issues. But you cannot make a blanket statement like that.
And if anything, it seems to be in inverse proportion to how muscular they are. So be glad you're skinny and just try to stay that way.
Muscular men don't get that way by accident. They most likely workout or have physically demanding jobs. Testosterone helps build muscle mass, and also play a vital role in producing NO (nitric oxide) and other hormones to keep a man's dick super hard. Just being skinny is no guarantee of endless erections.

In my own personal case, I've been 140lbs most of my life, and the heaviest I've gotten is 170lbs (on a 5ft. 11in frame). I suffered a heart attack five years ago. I have NEVER smokes, NEVER drank to excess, NEVER did illegal drugs of any kind, and walked 45 minutes twice a day for almost two years prior to my heart attack. I always ate very well (lots of fruits and veggies), and NEVER ate high fat foods or high sugar foods. Yet, once I had my stents put in and on a drug regimen, ED seemed to be here to stay.

Now, having said that, I would recommend to anyone reading this to pick up a book by Dr. Steven Lamm, called "The Hardness Factor". I'm about halfway through it, and intend to follow it to the letter to see if it helps. To me, it all makes perfect sense. Even prior to reading this book, I found many articles which would back up what this doctor is saying.

One thing which I'd like to make clear is that ED is often like the proverbial canary in the coal mine. Signs of ED are often your body's way of telling you that you're developing heart disease. This is why I'm so angry at regular doctors. All they want to do is fix problems using a band-aid solution. They never get to the heart of the matter (pun intended). Penile arteries are some of the smallest ones in your body, and when they start being blocked, the quality of your erections start to suffer. Doctors hand out those little blue pills like candy, and a certain group of men love the idea of popping a pill to get their hard-ons back. The fact is, they are putting off the inevitable day when all of this will come to roost. The doctors will be more than happy to perform surgery on you, hand you all kinds of wonderful pills (statins, BP meds) and they will keep you in the dark on how these medicines can further kill your erections. They will hand out platitudes like, "well, you're not a spring chicken any more", or "well, you can try these pills", leaving you frustrated and depressed, which will only leave your dick that much more limp.

Anyway, once I start the process of following Dr. Lamm's program, I'll let you know how well it is working for me. I have a long list of medical issues (again, not brought on by my lifestyle, but rather poor genetics) so I may not have the same success as a regular man without all those complications.

You can also find Dr. Lamm's numerous videos on YouTube, which covers some of the bases I've discussed here.
--Unknown

devodude

Post by devodude »

jr1975atv wrote:I'm skinny just haven't been active is there a correlation to exercise and erection quality?
I'm not sure why this thread has been sitting dead for the past couple of weeks. In any case, apart from all the other posts I've made on this thread, it's important for anyone coming to this forum to understand the extremely complex nature of sexual health, and how it all relates to erections as one indicator of that.

Being skinny, for one thing, is really not an indicator of health, in and of itself. It's also no guarantee that you'll not have heart disease, or issues "downstairs". If your equipment is working fine, most guys don't give it a second thought. If there are having relationship issues or some sort of incompatibility with the significant "other", then performance in the bedroom becomes more variable.

According to Dr. Stephen Lamm, MD., there's an actual device that measures erection quality. People like you or I probably will never have access to such a medical measurement device. You can also bet there will never be an app for your smartphone in our lifetime that'll do the same job.

When it comes to penis health, it's a matter of taking care of your entire body. This video clip link I'm providing here is just a small sample of what men need to know and understand about their bodies and what they should and could be doing to reverse the likelihood they'll develop some amount of ED in their lives.

http://www.marsvenus.com/blog/john-gray ... soft-truth

It's not that long a video. It's also not the end all and be all on this subject, but the basic tenets make total sense.

When you say "exercise", that can mean a lot of different things. Walking, running, weight training, etc. How much a person does and what kind of diet they're on makes a world of difference as to how healthy you are and how good your erections will be. There is also the genetic factors to take into account as well.
--Unknown

Litesome

Post by Litesome »

This thread is rather old, so hope this comment gets read. I began running and using a multi-gym mid 30s, never had any difficulty getting erect and cumming several times per week. At the point my marathon training began, it was necessary to build up to 70+ miles/week. Long runs done on a sunday left me unable to do much for remainder of the day. As physical condition and tolerance for training increased, it was noticeable there was no morning wood or libido. So high level training was causing it. Today, my running tends to reduce over winter, but when it resumes, there's a massive increase in erections and horniness. Same with gym work volume.