Moderator: bigray57

thenandnow9669

Injections?

Post by thenandnow9669 »

Anyone know where can I purchase caverject, papaverine or Tri-mix
warren188

Re: Injections?

Post by warren188 »

I use PGE which I understand is the active ingredient in Caverject. You will need a prescription for PGE from your Physician and then you need to find a compounding pharmacy. Here in Phoenix I use Apothecary Shops. They do have locations outside of AZ but you should be able to find a compounding pharmacy by asking a local pharmacist for one.

Apothecary Shops sells it as a frozen vial containing 1cu. cm (my understanding) which is equal to one full diabetic syringe but one only uses a small portion of one vial at one time. The current version sold by Apothecary Shops is twice as "strong" as the version sold a few years ago so instead of using 30 units (tick marks on the standard Diabetic syringe wherein each unit is 1/100th of a cu. centimeter) as I understand it. Assuming you get the same dosage I do then DO NOT START with more than 15 units!

As I remember I pay $55 for three vials which age "good" (potent) for about 6 months. Once a vial is defrosted it can be stored in a refrigerator for up to six weeks. If refrozen it can be refrozen three times - allowing use four times. Depending on variables I do not understand, one can get anywhere from 6 to 10 "shots" per vial so the price per injection is quite reasonable.

It works and as you likely know the injection is virtually pain free because the diabetic syringe needle is extremely sharp.

warren