Looking to Buy an ASTJ

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

areaman

Looking to Buy an ASTJ

Post by areaman »

Anyone with an ASTJ they've outgrown or no longer use?

(Pumptoys is sold out at the moment.)
Aardvark 777

Re: Looking to Buy an ASTJ

Post by Aardvark 777 »

In lieu of being able to get an original, an alternative I made from a OGGI acrylic food grade container.
The medium size is about 9" long and 4 3/4" o.d. ,sides are slightly more than 1/8" thick it seems.
Very stout.
After I added the extra opening and add the stj seal it is more like 10 +" from body level to end.

I just took the hinge devices off and took the lid and used a hole cutting tool in a drill press and cut out the center of the lid to add a short opening tube that was about 4" wide., so it is a semi two stage.
But fabricating an opening is the toughest part as ya have to have some suitable materials to borrow from, and be sure to cover the entry plastic with tape or something if using a pumptoys standard stj seal as it leaches off a chemical that will melt other plastics like styrene and I had it damage some acrylic also.
The valve hole is easy to drill out for whatever kind of valve you want to use. I've found same pumptoys valve parts on amazon and eBay, but I ordered set with my stj seal from pumptoys.

But I would probably buy a ASTJ also if they would've had them in stock. :).

I just don't like waiting and I like making things,so I have a functional pump and I learned some things also. :)

PS: oggi may not be found now, there is another company that Target sells containers of and they are exactly the same as Oggi. But I've seen them at Walmart and Bed Bath nBeyond also. Also amazon and ebay sells them.
Aardvark 777

Post by Aardvark 777 »

https://www.amazon.com/Oggi-72-Ounce-Ac ... DT309ST2YW

Here is the cylinder iam speaking of. 9 x 5 inches. Can probably find it cheaper at one of the other stores.
areaman

Post by areaman »

Thanks Aardvark! I've been meaning to upgrade the poly-vinyl seal I have to the pumptoys silicone one anyway, so I might just grab the STJ conversion kit off their site today and then figure out a jar itself shortly. That one you linked to looks good. And cheap (can't complain about that :lol: ).
tom550

Post by tom550 »

i got a long jonny cylinder for sale 10 inch long and 4 inch width....brandnew
Aardvark 777

Post by Aardvark 777 »

areaman wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:04 pm Thanks Aardvark! I've been meaning to upgrade the poly-vinyl seal I have to the pumptoys silicone one anyway, so I might just grab the STJ conversion kit off their site today and then figure out a jar itself shortly. That one you linked to looks good. And cheap (can't complain about that :lol: ).
Yah, those Oggi's are really well made and solid and Ive looked into buying raw acrylic pipe stock and the pipe is not so expensive if ya by in bulk, but the shipping is ridiculous. SnH was as much as the pipe cost. but then I could have all th pipe stock I would need for whatever projects.
so the Oggis don't seem so bad price when it cost 20.00 for like a 12" piece acrylic pipe that is about 4" diameter.
I think a 6 foot piece of acrylic pipe cost 130.00? r something. so no matter what it is expensive.
I think I have a retailer around here that will cut ya off whatever pieces ya want but I haven't taken time to go see if they are still there.

The Oggi's are almost perfect dimensions for making pumps out of them. lol

I have built a nice 3.75" pump out of some older ClickClack brand containers but they are styrene and ya have to be very careful of what lubes ya use with that plastic.

By the way!! cover any part of the Acrylic material with a tape or something if you use the Pumptoys vinyl seal as the chemicals that leech out will suck the life right out of the cylinder plastic and it will begin getting tiny cracks in it. and then they get worse the longer ya expose it to the vinyl seal. Same for Styrene plastic material cylinder.

I shouldnt have been such a cheapskate and bought the silicone stj seal instead of the poly-vinyl one, it reeks like a brand new linoleum floor and the design leaves a lot to be desired with the deep concave body side I dont like the way it fits and it puts the pressure points further out at that sharpish edge and that is where the acute pressure pull is going to be as it trys evening the pressure and it pulls all available skin in as it does. lol
It seems too soft also, it squishes way to much when pressure deforms it.

the burn is horrible with it and I actually had to use it backwards with the concave side out into the pump, I made a hard black rubber ring to fill the groove and cobbled a way of making a socket for the STJ seal to fit into with a large plumbing mending sleeve, heavy black rubber, and it keeps the seal in one place and directs its suction down against the pump.

anyway, I am talking to some other guys on here about their working with casting silicone molds and custom making seals to fit exactly how they want and Im going to try and get this going ASAP because I need an alternative to the pumptoys seal but I dont want to put another 80 plus dollars into their other silicone one as it still has the same design problem I dont like.

so when I get this figured out and efficient, I may be able to make them for others also and then someone can say >what thickness of the seal from body side to face, >how wide they want it to be, >how big diameter of the opening, so that it can be tailored fit and feel much nicer to wear when pumping. Im looking at different densities of silicones also so someone might like it softer or they might like it denser.

Just at research and dev. stage right now. Im so busy with work stuff and helping my parents with all the crap they need done around their house and yard. lol