Question?

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

bigricky

Question?

Post by bigricky »

Can someone tell me the best way to keep mildew/mould from forming on the inside of the clear plastic tubing that connects the pump to the cylinders we pump with? And can you successfully remove the plastic tube from the pump when cleaning it?
SFBallpumper

Re: Question?

Post by SFBallpumper »

I just replace my tubing. You can get it at any big hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, etc.) by the foot. It's cheap--this week I paid around $6 for 25 feet.

The hard part is getting the old tubing off the various connectors, without damaging the connectors. If the tubing has been attached to the connector for awhile, pulling on it to remove it probably won't work. After trying all sorts of methods, I finally came up with a way that will cut through the tubing without cutting into the connectors.

I got a pair of end-cutting pliers (also available from any big hardware store). They cost about $10. The pliers are shown on the left in the first attached photo. I use the pliers to pinch and then cut the tubing, as shown on the right, and in the close-up in the second photo. Note that I'm holding the pliers at slight angle, so that the pliers pinch the tubing end. When held this way, the pliers will make a "V" shaped cut in the tubing. Once you've made the cut, the tubing will pull right off.
Attachments
Using End Cutting Pliers.jpg
The Pinch.jpg
It’s the pleasure of the pressure...
bigricky

Post by bigricky »

Thank you so much for your response, I have sent you a private message…..
pomp

Post by pomp »

hi bigricky,
its very easy to remove plastictubes from connections: heat it up in hot water for 3 minutes than pull it of easily. Pomp
bigricky

Post by bigricky »

wow, thanks for that tip, makes my life easier for sure.
bignlow

Post by bignlow »

Take you're pipe off and soak it in hot water with sterilising fluid as used for babies bottles. I soak my tubes once a month as well.

Bignlow