anyone pump in hot tub?

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

jr1975atv

anyone pump in hot tub?

Post by jr1975atv »

Might try it tomorrow wondering if anyone else has.
jr1975atv

Re: anyone pump in hot tub?

Post by jr1975atv »

Tried it pumped up quick had the tub set on 104. Hard to tell how much vacuum I had the water trap looses vacuum and I had the long Johnny full so it wouldn't try to float.
pipefitterdom

Post by pipefitterdom »

Hot tubs are an excellent way to totally warm your core.
peeby

Post by peeby »

Tried it, but apparently ran afoul of the apartment building pool rules. Jeez, the killjoys you meet in life!
pumpinit

Post by pumpinit »

Yes and I did it slightly differently.
I used a plumbers freind, "the old kind" that just has a ring without the soft extension that inserts into the device being worked on.
Removed the wooden handle, punched a hole in it through the part where the handle used to be.
Threaded fish aquarium tubing, "green" through the hole. Tiget enough to seal on it's own. All my home made tubes etc are like that.
Used two pieces of tubing to connect my Bull Master to it. First tube from Bull Master to a Tee. Then a short tubing about four inches
in the side of the Tee connected to a needle valve. Then the tubing from the plumbers friend to the other side of the Tee sith a short
piece of tubing to a needle valve to the Plumber Frined.

I then get in the water, submerge the Bull Master and allow all the tubing to fill. No bubbles.
Open the Tee Valve that is on the sice and close the Tee Valve going to the plumbers friend.
Then sit down, place the plumbers friend over one of the suction or return side ports in the tub. It is instantly sucked onto the side of the tub
and I'm ready. I placed the Bull Master on me and slowly opened the Tee valve to the Plumbers Friend. To be safe I had the other tubing
attatched to the Tee valve on the side in air so that I could have as high flow as I need for safety. At about half open on the suction Tee to
the Plumbers Friend it started pulling me in. It was slow so I started closing of the Tee valve to the air and that speeded things up a lot.
After everything was in I momentarily submerged the air tube to see how that worked. Oh only after closing the Tee valve to the suction.
Then with the air tube submerged and fully open I slowly opened the Tee balve to the suction tube to the Plumbers Friend.
At a just slightly uncomfortable level I stopped opening the suction valve. Now water is being pumped out of the system as per the suction
Tee valve and the open now submerged Tee Valve.
The pressure I feel is now adjustable by suction valve and the amount of water entering the other Tee valve. In an emergency just lift the Tee
valve up out of the water and allow air to enter. Suction will drop rapidly to a low leve. Then turn off the suction Tee Valve to get out of the tube.
I like it a lot!
Think it out and be careful. This is water not air. Air is compressible and acts like a spring to the system. Water is virtually none compressible.
So any suction you put on will be applied to you almost instantaneously. Could hurt like hell in a second or less and could be dangerous.
Just think out the flow and how to relieve it with the bypass/air tube and Tee Valve. Set for little or no suction to start and adjust slowly.

Be very, very careful and have fun!
pipefitterdom

Post by pipefitterdom »

Ingenious!
I used to use the intake manifold on my Chrysler as a vacuum source, very effective but I had to be careful.
munchbox

Post by munchbox »

That sound a great idea, can you post a pic of you setup? :D