My equipment may be going bad. Any suggestions?

Talk about ball pumping, stretching, ball enlargement techniques.

Moderator: bigray57

billybaroo

My equipment may be going bad. Any suggestions?

Post by billybaroo »

I bought a new Mityvac pump today. That's a good thing, right? The bad thing is that it doesn't hold pressure. What's weird is that I can suck on the tube with my mouth and pull pressure fine.

Another issue I'm seeing is that the couplers on my cylinders are very loose when I try to connect to them and they also have rusty springs (possibly from the epsom salts?).

So, do you guys think the problem is that my ebay couplers have just bit the dust? If so, is there any place that sells higher quality couplers that will last longer? Or maybe I just need to replace the o-rings?

Thanks in advance for the help. :D
StretchMine

Re: My equipment may be going bad. Any suggestions?

Post by StretchMine »

Check Colder Products. They sell the same couplers in stainless steel. They also have the plastic ones. I think their prices are reasonable, about 2 dollars or so for the plastic. I don't remember the price of the stainless but it wasn't insane. Also be sure the couplers are well seated, and yes they do wear out. I've gone through many.
Stretch
Long time pumper/stretcher/infuser. [email protected]
billybaroo

Re: My equipment may be going bad. Any suggestions?

Post by billybaroo »

Wow, thanks! Colder Products is like a coupler wonderland. Who knew there were so many different varieties of couplers and fittings in the world. :D I can tell it's going to take me a while to find the right ones but that's fine. Hopefully they'll only let me order a few. No need to buy in bulk just yet.