Important - please report problems - board upgraded

Site updates and message board update information from the Administrator.

Moderator: bigray57

Important - please report problems - board upgraded

Postby admin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:37 pm

7/14/14
We have upgraded the board for faster performance and with some new spam and bot control software called Cloudflare.

It should dramatically speed up the page and image load times - which is good news.

However it may cause some problems for some users or for you to see some new screens you may not be used to seeing. If you are having problems
please let us know - please send an email to [email protected]

here is information from Cloudflare on what you might notice or experience :

We are going to be trying CloudFlare to protect and speed up your forums, which should improve page loading times and sharply reduce the number of active spammers.

Members that they may get a challenge page before they are granted access to the site. You can still access the forum by passing the captcha, and that they can send you a message through the challenge page to request whitelisting of their IP address. Only a small number of forum members will see the challenge page. (On a side note, the intermittent page is used to stop automated bots from accessing our site).

A challenge page will appear if there are indications that their machine is infected with a computer virus or malware. The best thing to do is to run an anti-virus scan on their machine as a precaution.

There are false positives with the data, but it is most common when the visitor is coming from a shared network like an office, college network or coffee shop. What this means is that although their computer isn't infected, someone else on the same network does have an issue. Your community member should run an anti-virus scan as a precaution. If there is no virus or malware, then they can enter the CAPTCHA to access the forum. The data set will refine over time.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Important - please report problems - board upgraded

Postby wi_wilderness » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 am

I am having trouble sending a Personal Message to a member. It seems as if text in the message is prohibiting the message from being sent. I receive the following error when I press "send":

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpbb/ucp.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The title, nor the body of the message contain any BBCode or smilies.
However, when I tried sending the same member a message with just the title of "test" and a message body of "test", the message appeared to successfully send.
Anyone have any ideas?
wi_wilderness

Postby Mybaldballs » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:50 am

to ADM: I have not been on the site for awhile. Today I am and none of the picture attachments are opening at Body Modifications, and I am logged in. Is this site still alive? I went to page 19, "Found on the Net" and I got a 404 message. Disappointing.

MyBaldBalls
Mybaldballs

Postby Indeed » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Having trouble creating a new thread in the Ball Pumping section, error is

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpbb/posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas?
Indeed

Postby bignlow » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:44 pm

What's wrong with the site today. Strange layout and won't upload pic's
bignlow

Postby denist » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:44 am

Re last post, same problem with strange layout and not formatted as per start page
denist

Postby pumpernackel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Faster performance and spam control is ok but the new layout is very confusing for me - can't you establish the old layout again with lines between the threads?

Just my 2 cents

cheers

pumpernackel
pumpernackel

Re: Important - please report problems - board upgraded-

Postby SFBallpumper » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:27 pm

I took some time looking at the layout problem and I think I've found where it occurs. I tried five different browsers on Mac and Windows and my iPhone 6. It's the same on all of them.

1. Go to the Board index. The various forums appear normally.

2. Click on a forum link and it will take you to a forum. Each forum has the same problem. The page (except for the heading) is all white. The pale blue backgrounds that distinguish each topic are missing. It's hard to distinguish one topic from another. All that appears is the dark blue text. The "New topic" button looks strange. Instead of there being just one of these buttons, there are two identical ones, stacked on top of each other.

3. Click on a Topic and a topic page appears. It looks normal.

It started happening sometime around Sept 29 or Sept. 30. Emptying the cache, deleting browser cookies or deleting all board cookies doesn't make a difference. Restarting the browser after emptying the cache and deleting cookies doesn't fix it, either. Restarting the computer doesn't change things.

Ideas???
SFBallpumper

Postby slkdyk » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:09 am

The same formatting problem here too. The index is ok but past that it changes. I find it distracting enough I dont stay on.
slkdyk

Postby mosfet » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 pm

I don’t think the “new layout” is deliberate: something has probably been corrupted.
mosfet

Postby lessie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:36 am

I have tried to post an attachment to a post, and I am told that I don't have permission. I have done it in the past without problem. Please let me know how to correct this. Thanks!
lessie

Postby pumpman12 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:36 am

I can NOT stay connected................no mater what I try, I automatically get logged out if I try to post pics or text. I haven't been able to use this site for almost a month now................
pumpman12

Postby BBBTWO » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:55 am

I can not add new topic or upload pictures, 404 error.
BBBTWO

Postby elsimate » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 am

Sorry Admin i am unable to add a new topic to the forum keeps coming up with Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpbb/posting.php on this server.
please could you help.
thank you elsimate
elsimate

Postby wowimbig » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:06 am

how come when i try to reply to a PM does it send it to my outbox folder, and not my sent folder? does this mean they received it or not?
wowimbig

Next

Return to News