chat room added

Site updates and message board update information from the Administrator.

Moderator: bigray57

admin
Site Admin

chat room added

Post by admin » Thu May 18, 2017 1:56 am

Well - we've added a new chat to the board. Along the bottom of the screen you should see a chat icon - on the far right bottom of your screen.
Clicking on it you can send messages to individual users that are online or if you click the slightly red and blue icon you can click go to a General Chat room.

We have never really had much luck in having many users online at the same time that were all chatting - but it's there if you want to give it a try.

You can "pop out" the window for General Chat if you want and you'll hear tones as messages are received if you wanted
to say wait for others to join the room.

You can leave the window in the background while you continue to surf or read message posts.

justme8431

Re: chat room added

Post by justme8431 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:00 pm

[quote=admin post_id=297503 time=1495043799 user_id=2]
Well - we've added a new chat to the board. Along the bottom of the screen you should see a chat icon - on the far right bottom of your screen.
Clicking on it you can send messages to individual users that are online or if you click the slightly red and blue icon you can click go to a General Chat room.

We have never really had much luck in having many users online at the same time that were all chatting - but it's there if you want to give it a try.

You can "pop out" the window for General Chat if you want and you'll hear tones as messages are received if you wanted
to say wait for others to join the room.

You can leave the window in the background while you continue to surf or read message posts.
[/quote]

lonepmpr

Post by lonepmpr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 am

Hey guys, anyone near Louisville, KY

SFBallpumper

Post by SFBallpumper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 am

I used to see the icon for chat and I've used it a couple of times. Now I don't see it. What happened? Is this due to some technical glitch on my end?

rosco

Post by rosco » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:26 am

Seems to have disappeared - when I visited there was never anyone chatting - pity

fanatic3003

Chat Room

Post by fanatic3003 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:04 am

What happened to the Chat Room Icon? It's no longer there.

mRuss

Post by mRuss » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:48 pm

I'd recommend creating a chat room on Telegram. It's a robust platform and it's great for sharing media as well as chatting.

soundsgreat87

Post by soundsgreat87 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:58 am

Telegram is a great platform, but it does have the downside of tying your account to a mobile phone number. You don't have to give your number away to strangers on the internet, but anyone you know who has Telegram will also know you have it. It also means you can only have one account.

They've gone back and forth on allowing Google Voice numbers. I don't know what the current status of that is.

Discord is similarly good, even if it looks like it's silly gamer stuff. Better yet, it's super easy to make an account and it can be totally anonymous.