Prince Albert Piercing: What Gauge?

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

What size are you at?

10g (2.4mm)
5%
8g (3.2mm)
7%
6g (4mm)
9%
4g (5mm)
8%
2g (6mm)
14%
1g (7mm)
4%
0g (8mm)
14%
00g (10mm)
22%
more than 00
18%

Total votes: 195

herrjonny

Prince Albert Piercing: What Gauge?

Post by herrjonny »

Surfing around the web reveals that most guys with PAs wear rings that are in the area of 6-4ga (4-5mm), some stretch up to 00ga (10mm) or even bigger. You'll find less information on the effects the ring size has, only that generally the thinner ones are less comfortable and obviously due to the weight you wouldn't feel them as much. There are questions that might be of interest for some who consider getting one or gauging theirs up, like:

- How does the size affect sex for both partners?
- Which size do wearers and their partners consider the best? Why?
- Does peeing standing up get more difficult with an increasing size?
- To guys with the bigger rings: are you happy with having gauged up? What do you consider the best size? Why?

It would be cool if people could post about their experiences, and say why they --for example-- prefer their 0g over their 4g or so. I personally am at 4, and am not sure about gauging up. Will it feel as nice? How do girls respond to bigger sizes? How's peeing gonna be?
Mods: DIY fren removal, 00g DIY deepish PA, high&tight circ (feb 2018), PPP removal (mar 2020), full meatotomy (jun 2020), radical low&tight recirc (Jan 2021), 6g RPA (Feb 2022)
Next: subincision
PM me!
DFWGrizzly

Re: Prince Albert Piercing: What Gauge?

Post by DFWGrizzly »

00 ga
kalahari

Post by kalahari »

00 (10mm) in my Prince Albert. I find peeing is much easier with a large thickness but small diameter captive ball ring or curved barbell. The urine goes over the top and straight forward into the urinal if the ball is oriented correctly. I find it is important that the ring is not too small for the piercing, as it needs to be a snug fit to stop urine or semen leaking out from around the ring.
K
herrjonny

Post by herrjonny »

To those 2g and above: Would you recommend me going up from 4 to 2? Or even further? Need experieces and advice ;-)
Mods: DIY fren removal, 00g DIY deepish PA, high&tight circ (feb 2018), PPP removal (mar 2020), full meatotomy (jun 2020), radical low&tight recirc (Jan 2021), 6g RPA (Feb 2022)
PM me!
Dude19

Post by Dude19 »

From what I read about them you want to get a least a 10g or 8g to start then stretch up to what ever size you want the larger you go the more it will stretch out and the material holding it in gets thinner and thinner eventually it may brake and then you have a meatotomy.
Be careful when trying new things. :D
pepper669

Post by pepper669 »

I've been conteplating getting a PA for quite a while now.

A few questions:

1. I'd like to start with the maximum recommended gauge, i.e. 6, 5, or 4. Can I go even higher? What are the drawbacks when starting with a heavy gauge?

2. Since my frenulum is gone, I figure that the ideal PA placement is in the middle, right below the glans. However, I've seen pictures of PAs that have been placed lower, say, 1 cm below the glans or even further down, and it looks quite sexy. What are the advantages/disadvantages of placing it higher or lower down the shaft?

3. Is it possible to close a PA hole completely with some kind of plug?
Last edited by pepper669 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
herrjonny

Post by herrjonny »

I think i can help you with your questions.

1. I've heard that bigger initial sizes tend to bleed more and longer. I started at 10g, and even that bled for three days. An advantage would be that you won't have to stretch that much. Some find that painful, but I personally liked it. Don't forget that small sizes are very uncomfortable for sex.

2. if you stretch up by 2mm, the hole will grow 1mm in each direction, so the distance between the two exits will shrink with every stretch. Also, the longer that distance, the lower the chance of migration. I started with a 10g about 18mm from the peephole, which at first seemed a lot. Now at 4g the distance is just perfect when it comes to ring sizes, I think mine would never migrate out or rip, even if I went up to 00g.

3. I tried that, but always found it very uncomfortable and painful, both getting it in and just wearing it. For parties where I wanna pee standing up I just take the ring out for that night, and when I pee i plug the hole with my index finger. No leaking, i pee just like normal. Nobody would ever know.

Both for me and my gf this piercing is great fun. I wouldn't wanna miss it.
PM me!
pepper669

Post by pepper669 »

Thanks a lot for your answers!
Garethx2

Post by Garethx2 »

My Pa
Attachments
83172DFB-879B-41DC-B7BA-A7A150ED4874.jpeg
Jeepyjv8

Post by Jeepyjv8 »

I'm a 6 gauge
I'm a 6 gauge
yaletownboy

Post by yaletownboy »

I'm also at 4g and looking to size up to 0g. I just got the 2g and 0g captive bead rings and the 0g feels so much more massive than the 2g. I can't wait to get that one in!

My saline infusions and foreskin stretching get a bit in the way of the PA (the foreskin rolls over the head), so I haven't been keeping in the jewellery consistently lately. When kinks collide haha!
Jake1776

Post by Jake1776 »

Okay fellas, brand new here, also brand new pa pierced. I was pierced at a 12g about a month ago and I'm already looking to up size the gage. I understand that the bigger the gage the shorter the distance it is.

My question is I am wearing a 12g by 7/8" length curved barbell now. If I get a taper tool to go to 8g, what length would that reduce the barbell to? Asking for help from someone with a similar situation. I don't really want to buy multiple pieces of jewelry to have on hand and I also don't want to stretch until I have jewelry to insert.

Thanks
grumpy2

Post by grumpy2 »

Hi All,

Got my PA about 20 years ago and after stepping up a few gauges spent many years around the 4mm mark.

However, I needed to remove the jewellery for a time and the normal shrinkage occurred. But since then I have stretched back up, and now have a 9mm curved barbell in situ.

The intention is to move on up to 10mm, just cos I can.

Regards, Grumpy
byental

Post by byental »

Jake1776 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:55 am Okay fellas, brand new here, also brand new pa pierced. I was pierced at a 12g about a month ago and I'm already looking to up size the gage. I understand that the bigger the gage the shorter the distance it is.

My question is I am wearing a 12g by 7/8" length curved barbell now. If I get a taper tool to go to 8g, what length would that reduce the barbell to? Asking for help from someone with a similar situation. I don't really want to buy multiple pieces of jewelry to have on hand and I also don't want to stretch until I have jewelry to insert.

Thanks

I wear anywhere from a 2g to a 0g (the latter more to change it up) 2g being my everyday. I was pierced at 10g and gradually moved up, 8g...then 4 and after that was pretty rapidly at 2. 0g was a longer slog. I never used a taper as I think the tissue is very malleable and the weight alone ...along with the natural stretch...enables easy stretching. Just go slow. 0 still is a bit tight esp when pissing/cumming so thats why the 2g feels the most comfy .
Rafdk

Post by Rafdk »

How long should there be between going to the next size?

Currently at 8g