Frenulum tying

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

soundsgreat87

Re: Frenulum tying

Post by soundsgreat87 »

Congrats!!
pandapete

Post by pandapete »

On the back of this, and something my partner said to me some time ago, decided I would give tying a go. Ordered up all the supplies, had the day off work and went for it.

By way of explanation, about 15 years ago I got a PA, then stretched it to 10mm and somehow ended up with a hole at the bottom of my frenulum, so I have about 8 to 10mm from the hole to the top. Now, probably didn't ice it enough, but, and I've done saline inflation, I did not realise how much force it takes to get a needle through the skin in the frenulum!

Anyhow, got the needle through (clearly didn't consider that the needle would be thicker than the 1.5mm suture thread) and must have hit a blood vessel/vein, blood dripping everywhere (thank God for ceramic tiles) and had a momentary panic. As soon as I managed to compose myself and tie the knot the bleeding stopped almost instantly. Tied a second knot to secure it and snipped off the excess suture.

It now feels snug, but not uncomfortable, and no bleeding (a bit of staining when I have a pee) but nothing obvious.

No pics today, but I'll try and get some tomorrow and see what happens in 4 to 5 days!

One word of advice to anyone else wanting to do it. When you poke the needle through, use forceps/clamp! It's easier than trying to do it with your fingers like you are sewing a button on! :P
Veldmaat

Post by Veldmaat »

Sorry for the lack in updates, it's been a week since stitch #3 came out. Don't have pictures, my phone crapped out on me. Lost all my data. I'm planning to do stitch #4 this thursday, after I come back from the hospital. (Been having Knee problems, having an MRI exam.)

@pandapete:
Congrats on your first tie!
I know that momentary panic! It's unsettling to see your manhood bleed, even though its only a little bit.

When I ordered my box of sutures, I also ordered a single use suture kit.
It contains gauzes, a paper sheet, surgical tweezers, suture scissors and most Importantly a needle driver. All of that for €6.50 (not including the sutures)
pandapete

Post by pandapete »

Update.

Not an overwhelming success. I figured that 5 days should be enough for the stitch to come out of it's own accord, but it wasn't to be. I decided to cut the stitch and remove it. As soon as I did that I realised where I had gone wrong, I hadn't gone deep enough with the needle and certainly had not tied it tight enough.

I figure I'll either give it another go or else use the existing hole and tie it off through there.

I'll keep you all updated.
series

Post by series »

I tied mine a few years ago.I freed up about 20mm of foreskin, well worth doing. It took 2 stitches. The first I did about 3mm, I retied the knot after 4 days and it cut through on the 5th day. The second one I went a lot deeper and it still had not cut through after 7days, but it was only holding on a sliver of skin. I decided to cut it with a scalpel. I never saw blood with the first stitch but the second did bleed when I cut it although it stopped quickly after I wrapped it with tissue held in place with a rubber band. One tip I learned was to back light the frenum with a torch, those small led jobs are ideal, you can see the blood vessels and thereby avoid them.
Veldmaat

Post by Veldmaat »

pandapete wrote: I hadn't gone deep enough with the needle and certainly had not tied it tight enough.
I use a desensitizer before tying. You could use lidocaine cream.
I myself use desensitizing wipes i bought online.
http://www.intimategadgets.com/for-men/ ... -pack.html

When everything is numb tie the knot as tight as you can without breaking the thread.
I use a surgeon's knot.
pandapete

Post by pandapete »

OK, working up to having another go!

My question is what is the best thickness of suture to use? The supplies I have have a variety of different thickness sutures, so am I better going for a thick one or a thin one?
Veldmaat

Post by Veldmaat »

I use 2/0 monofilament, it's very thin. Cuts through in approximately 6-7 days.
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

my 1st knot..
my 1st knot..
here is the start of my journey to a life without the frenulum..

this bastard has for so long haunted my life whenevr i tried to go deep inside my partner or had a wild masturbation..

good riddance my friend,, hopefully in next 7 days u wont be der to haunt me anymore.. :D
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

I dont know if i have done the tying right or not because its like 7 hrs since i tied the knot but a little pain was der for the 1st hr and after that there is no pain at all neither any other sensation from the knot..i think i have not tied the knot tight enough..

I dint use any numbing agent before tying or after.

Dont know what to expect, any pain should be der or not..please advise should i retie the knot..
I used the stretch magic .5 monofilament thread.
Veldmaat

Post by Veldmaat »

rajrajiv wrote:I dont know if i have done the tying right or not because its like 7 hrs since i tied the knot but a little pain was der for the 1st hr and after that there is no pain at all neither any other sensation from the knot..i think i have not tied the knot tight enough..

Dont know what to expect, any pain should be der or not..please advise should i retie the knot..
It's normal that the initial "pain" goes away after a little while.
You used stretch filament, so that should migrate through the Frenulum.
Just wait for it to pull through.
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

Thanks for the information, i was about to untie the thread and do it again..
sungu1

Post by sungu1 »

Veldmaat wrote:
rajrajiv wrote:I dont know if i have done the tying right or not because its like 7 hrs since i tied the knot but a little pain was der for the 1st hr and after that there is no pain at all neither any other sensation from the knot..i think i have not tied the knot tight enough..

It's normal that the initial "pain" goes away after a little while.
You used stretch filament, so that should migrate through the Frenulum.
Just wait for it to pull through.

Hey I used the # 3 Nylon suture thread. Will it cut through? or will I have to remove and redo it. I now feel the cut would have been better.
TetherSpout

Post by TetherSpout »

I was browsing thru manmods and came across some annotated photos posted by soundsgreat87 on the subject of frenum (frenulum?) removal by tying. I was blown away. Soundsgreat87 obviously really knew what he was doing. His penis looks fantastic and doesn't show any sign that it ever had a tight frenum or that anyone ever messed with it. A truly remarkable accomplishment and improvement. I personally still prefer stretching over removal, but anyone interested in going this route should seek out and heed his advice.

And soundsgreat87, if you're reading this, perhaps you'll consider posting your pics here also.
rajrajiv

Post by rajrajiv »

WP_20160120_011.jpg
My progress of frenulum tying after 5 days..