Sounding For Medical Purposes

Body piercing and modification discussion.

Moderator: bigray57

Rikter8

Re: Sounding For Medical Purposes

Post by Rikter8 »

I'm also thinking I'm dealing with a stricture, possibly from a catheter that was yanked out when I was in the Hospital years ago.
I posted all the details on my other post, but this is what I'm wondering about too.
I think mine might be at the base of my cock, but...could be wrong.
devodude

Post by devodude »

Rikter8 wrote:I'm also thinking I'm dealing with a stricture, possibly from a catheter that was yanked out when I was in the Hospital years ago.
I posted all the details on my other post, but this is what I'm wondering about too.
I think mine might be at the base of my cock, but...could be wrong.
In my case, I can tell it's halfway down my urethra because when I get a cystoscopy done, the urologist has trouble getting past that point with his scope. It eventually goes down with some minor force. (Whatever lube they use in the hospital, it sure works well. I'd sure like a tube of that stuff!!) If you've ever sounded before, you'd know where the obstruction is. Strictures are fairly common, and can happen for no real reason. I can't see a catheter doing this to you though (just my opinion, based on what I know about them). My urologist didn't seem to want to deal with it. It's really curtailed my usual sounding "hobby" for years. It always bleeds a bit when I try to get past that point.

I'm still undecided which kind of sounds I want to buy: Dittel, Hegar, Henk, Pratt or Van Buren sounds. I definitely want it to enter my bladder, as that feeling is just heavenly. :wink:

If anyone has tried different ones, I'd be interested in your opinion on this subject.
"Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time."
--Unknown

Be sure to check out my Tumblr blog: http://devodick.tumblr.com/
FurryFFun

Post by FurryFFun »

I'm still undecided which kind of sounds I want to buy: Dittel, Hegar, Henk, Pratt or Van Buren sounds. I definitely want it to enter my bladder, as that feeling is just heavenly.
Of the various sounds you've listed, Van Burens are the only ones I've been able to get into the bladder; the others don't "bend" (obviously). The sounds going into my bladder that I enjoy most are silicone sounds. They bend around the curve at the base of your cock easily and slide right past any strictures thanks to the gentle taper at the leading tip.

Two sources: http://siliconenozzles.com/Urethral-Sounds_c9.htm -- I like their 11mm (33 french), 10.5" long sound. They have plenty of others in various lengths and widths. One note of caution: a long sound with a hollow core will act just like a catheter...as i found out when pee dribbled down my pants leg. LOL

The other is http://www.squarepegtoys.com/shop/sounds/ -- Their sounds are 15" long and have two diameters on the same sound, so the smaller end goes deep and the larger end helps stretch. These have a very smooth taper about 1" long that makes entering your urethra and sliding deeper and deeper very easy; they are very flexible so go around any curve. The smooth gentle taper at the leading end will spread open just about any stricture. They are all solid, so no "catheter effect".
devodude

Post by devodude »

FurryFFun wrote:
I'm still undecided which kind of sounds I want to buy: Dittel, Hegar, Henk, Pratt or Van Buren sounds. I definitely want it to enter my bladder, as that feeling is just heavenly.
Of the various sounds you've listed, Van Burens are the only ones I've been able to get into the bladder; the others don't "bend" (obviously).
Thanks so much for responding to my inquiry, FurryFFun. A few days ago, I finally "took the plunge" and ordered a set of sounds off of Ebay.ca. It's a 14 piece set of Dittel sounds. Since these are straight as an arrow, I don't expect to "go around the bend" and enter my bladder with these. But, the fact that I've ordered something is at least a good start. :)

I was going to buy a set of Van Burens on Amazon but they don't take PayPal, unfortunately. Anyway, I've got another week to wait for delivery of my sounds (and lube), and hope I can have fun with these without too much discomfort. I'm particularly interested in seeing if I can avoid my dreaded bladder infections, and I'll do whatever it takes to keep things hygienic.
The sounds going into my bladder that I enjoy most are silicone sounds. They bend around the curve at the base of your cock easily and slide right past any strictures thanks to the gentle taper at the leading tip.
This really seems like a good idea! I'll definitely check into siliconenozzles' site. The hollow core ones would absolutely be "up my alley". There's nothing quite like that moment between urethra and entry into the bladder, and begin to enjoy that "spillage" effect. :wink:

Again, I really appreciate the "sound advice" :lol: and I'll definitely follow up on it. Once I receive my set of sounds, I'll let you know how it goes and whether I can make any progress on reducing the effect of my stricture.
--Unknown

devodude

Post by devodude »

I finally received the sounds I ordered... well, not the ones I ordered (I was expecting my Dittel sounds and the company sent the Hegars instead).
Hegar set
Hegar set
I started with the smaller ones and worked up to the much larger sizes in no time.
20140206_172314.jpeg
There was no way to get to the three largest rods though (yet...)
20140206_174018.jpeg
20140206_175737.jpeg
My Dittel sounds won't be in for a couple of weeks. I think it'll be easier to work to the larger sizes since their diameters don't change as much between rods. I also ordered this thing today:
Selection_001.png
Call it an impulse buy... looks interesting, huh?
--Unknown

nectcruiser

Post by nectcruiser »

I saw those on Ebay and have thought about buying one but the Dia. size wasn't big enough. I think it was only 9mm and I would want 11mm or 12mm. Let us know how that works out for you OK???
Keep on stretching that pee hole
devodude

Post by devodude »

nectcruiser wrote:I saw those on Ebay and have thought about buying one but the Dia. size wasn't big enough. I think it was only 9mm and I would want 11mm or 12mm. Let us know how that works out for you OK???
I don't have much of a clue what actual sizes I'm using. There's nothing written or stamped on the sounds to tell me the size. I pushed the largest sound into a piece of foam and measured it. It appears to be at least 15mm in diameter. I couldn't imagine ever getting that thing down my urethra.

Has anyone out there ever been able to work up from a "reasonable sized" sound to one of those gargantuan ones? Isn't there a finite limit to how much a guy can stretch their urethra? Or is this just a defeatist attitude?
--Unknown

nectcruiser

Post by nectcruiser »

There's a guy in another thread pushing a 20mm plastic tube into his cock. So I guess the sky is the limit LOL
Keep on stretching that pee hole
devodude

Post by devodude »

nectcruiser wrote:There's a guy in another thread pushing a 20mm plastic tube into his cock. So I guess the sky is the limit LOL
Holy crap! He must have a cock like a small tree trunk.... gawd. I could sound 10 times a day and never get to that level. Now that I think of it, I believe I've seen that video. I remember thinking that tube must be scarring his urethra, as a plastic tube ain't exactly smooth at the front edges. Also, it must harbour some sort of germs compared to a metal sound.

I've shoved a lot of shaft-like objects down my cock, and 20% of the time it resulted in infections of some sort. That's why I got the metal sounds. I want them to be spotlessly clean! I'm tired of antibiotics.

Anyway, 20mm gives me a goal to shoot for... :D : I'll be shocked if I can use all the sounds in my set. But hey... I guess they wouldn't include those big ones unless they thought a guy could work up to them.

I can hardly wait for my Dittel sounds to come in, as they have smaller gradations of circumference. Then, I'll see if I can stretch my pee hole to accept the Hegars' larger size that I can't slide in right now. Ah, so many sounds, so little time. :lol:
--Unknown

fredie101

Post by fredie101 »

[/quote] devodude: My Dittel sounds won't be in for a couple of weeks. I think it'll be easier to work to the larger sizes since their diameters don't change as much between rods. I also ordered this thing today:

Call it an impulse buy... looks interesting, huh?[/quote]

I recd this a week ago and it feels great. The ridges on the top part are kinda tough getting in but the bottom goes in with a pop each bulge. I have had it past the curve and knocking on the bladder door but it wont go in. That is water and disinfectant in the new tube you see there.
Attachments
brand new toy
brand new toy
there we go! mmmmm
there we go! mmmmm
almost there
almost there
just starting
just starting
Last edited by fredie101 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredie101

Post by fredie101 »

The top is really bent a lot, and only allows for it to be pointing down, so much so that it really dont need the ring to keep it in. I did manage to rotate it to the top and boy it was really tight on the top and left a big mark.
devodude

Post by devodude »

fredie101 wrote: I recd this a week ago and it feels great. The ridges on the top part are kinda tough getting in but the bottom goes in with a pop each bulge. I have had it past the curve and knocking on the bladder door but it wont go in.
I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail. That'll be at least a month or more.... spring will be here by then! That's OK, I'll just be extra horny when the warmer weather arrives. :D I have a meatotomy so I don't think the top ridges will be much of an issue for me.

So glad you included some pictures. How long do you leave it in there?

It really looks long enough to go right into my bladder. I don't think I'll have any problems getting it in there either. I'm just stoked to try it out after seeing your photos. Hot damn, that looks like fun!

Can you describe the sensation? How do you play around with it?

I'd like to make a video of it going right into my bladder and having urine spill out all over my cock and balls. Wow, what a mind trip... :!:
--Unknown

fredie101

Post by fredie101 »

I, like you Devodude, have a restriction almost halfway down the shaft. Being a average on the smaller end 4.5-5" length and that being 230mm (hair over 9")total length it just bumps on the bladder sphincter. It has not entered but i leak as it bumps when I move around. It does get uncomfortable with too much movement. If it went in I am sure it would be fine. I feel every bump on the bottom end as it goes in at the head and through the stricture at the halfway point. The top section is just a little bigger and is most likely a FR28 and is really a rough going but it stays in for sure. Through the curve is another thing. the bottom section is so long you (I) have to really work to get it through by pushing my cock down towards my feet to get the path as straight as possible. I even went so far, the first try, to finger in my butt to help guide it through. But when it get through.....mmmmm great feeling. I have sounded into my bladder with my FR27 pratt to make the passage easier and it helps. it just about falls through the prostate and then just knocks on the bladder door. in short I love this toy as I could wear it all day if it was shorter or if it was longer I would have to tap the top and plug it. Should I shorten the tube or find a longer one?? That is the question. NEW toy arrives tomorrow it is a Tetherspout!!!! Review and pics to follow....depending on if I have to blow snow all day ;-) expecting 6-10"

You set a goal of 20mm! that is a FR60 or over 3/4 of and inch WOW!
devodude

Post by devodude »

Well Fredie101, I ordered another similar sound with a shorter silicone tube, in case the longer one was going to be a problem (in terms of having to be inserted into the bladder). I don't think this is something that can be worn for an extended period of time. More of a play thing, I guess.

I'm also waiting for this sound to arrive:
Sound.png

Speaking of sounds, I finally received my Dittel sounds this afternoon. The case weighs a significant amount, as there are so many sizes to choose from. I didn't get the chance to use them yet. I don't expect to for at least a week or more. I was using my Hegar sounds a couple of days ago, and that stricture really bled a lot after inserting a larger size I hadn't tried yet. Everything was going smoothly before that, although the stricture always hurts initially. It's really a curse in itself, as I know I could easily insert sounds much greater than what I'm doing now. But, it'll really be a challenge getting around the limitation of a stricture, which is basically scar tissue, as I understand it.

The Dittel sounds apparently are great for e-stim play, according to one of the sites I visited today (by clipping the lead to the Dittel handle).

Call it my New Years resolution, but I'm blowin' the dough on everything toy I can afford. I'm not getting any younger and I want to check out what I've been missing (or at least get away from all these home-made toys).

Ball stretchers are the next item I'm hunting down. They aren't cheap and I really want to get the right size and weight from the start. I'd rather have a loose fit than too tight. Again, trying to find a Canadian source is almost impossible. Finding a store that'll take PayPal is also a prerequisite.
--Unknown

fredie101

Post by fredie101 »

In order to limit the bleeding you should leave the sound (dilator) in place for 20-30 min. without moving it in and out but rotating it to keep it free. the tear will seal itself. This is the way it used to be done when there was a narrowing of the passage, even through the prostate. The tissue will also start to heal even in that short a time. Just be sure tht there is plenty of lube so you will be able to remove it. That is the original reason I bought and starting using them. Then I found out how good it feels. ;-)